1.    #1  
    I'm selling my US based Touchpad 4g (FB354UA#ABA). It has bit of story though (see below).

Just PM me with your offer, I decide within a few days whether I'll take one of your offers or get it back to New Zealand and unite it with its original box, cable and power supply and sell it in Asia-Pacific region. HINT: It's likely to go under US$400,-

Story:
    It has been shipped to New Zealand, where I live, when bought of eBay 2 months ago. Immediately out of the box I identified an issue with the audio. This appeared to be a different issue from the audio problems other Touchpad tend to have from time to time and is a software problem. In an attempt to fix the problem I reflashed it to 3.04 but to no avail. As it is an US device, I thought I had to send it back to the US to get my warranty still hoping I would be able to claim warranty or get it serviced. However when I requested my return box HP came back and said that this device is not under warranty and worse not serviceable by HP at all. So that's why this Touchpad 4g is now sitting at a mail forwarder in CA, US but without it's original box and cables, which are still in New Zealand. I decided to give it a go to offer it in the US here @ webOSnation before shipping it back to New Zealand and paying another 60 bucks for shipping.

Good part of this item:
    - Barely used, looks new, no scratches or cracks, have always been in a HP case
    - Fully tested and functional (except sound see below) and reflashed to 3.04
    - Has a Armorsuit screen protector on it (one of the best fingerprint resistive screens)
    - Is unlocked and worked perfectly in New Zealand on Vodafone 3g network.

"Geeky" part:
    - You need to reset and wipe the device yourself (can't do it remotely as long as it's off).
    - One speaker doesn't work, one does but produces also some high-pitch sound when in use. See also my posts in the 4g owners thread for more details. Opening up the Touchpad and just reseating the speaker connectors might do it, but no guarantees. It can be more difficult or it might require replacement parts which are hard or impossible to get for this model.
    - Doesn't come with anything else, just the Touchpad and adequate shipping box (no original box, no cables, etc). Normal TP charging cable can be used though, and I can send you a copy by email of the 4g starters instruction if required. Can even send you the original box and accessories if you're prepared to pay the shipping costs from NZ.
    Last edited by renater; 02/05/2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: added hint
    Noting this thread to myself, so I can hopefully follow up and snag it from you when I get paid hopefully soon
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hi there, i am interested in your tp 4g. Is the sound problem that bad that its better to mute fulltime? Or is it capable of using for skype calls for example?
    And what kind of accessoiries do you have, which came with the tp? Are those like the standard tp?

Looking forward to hear from you!

Cheers, Gordon
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Vos View Post
    Hi there, i am interested in your tp 4g. Is the sound problem that bad that its better to mute fulltime? Or is it capable of using for skype calls for example?
    And what kind of accessoiries do you have, which came with the tp? Are those like the standard tp?

Looking forward to hear from you!

Cheers, Gordon
    It's not that loud, it's just an annoying noise in the background. Having said that we all have different tresholds for annoying noises, so it's hard to explain. With Skype you would only hear it during pauses. With pop music it's hard to hear, but it would be only one channel as one speaker doesn't work.
    The accessories are just the standard tp. Looking forward to your offer. BTW you may PM me in Dutch.
    Last edited by renater; 02/07/2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Do you still have this Touchpad for sale ??
  6.    #6  
    This TP has been successfully repaired by TopTongueBarry and is no longer for sale.

Mods, please close this thread.