Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    WebOS Internals finds itself with some spare EU and NA Pre 3 devices, and we're going to do something special with them:

By swapping the flash memory board (and associated software modem partition rewriting) between an 8GB EU Pre 3 and a 16GB AT&T Pre 3, we can make a never-before-sold custom-made 16GB EU Pre 3.

So this is a HSTNH-F30CE Pre 3 device with 16GB of flash memory (twice the normal size for EU Pre 3 devices), and EU UMTS bands (especially for those who need 900MHz). Note that these devices will not work on the US 850MHz UMTS bands used by North American carriers - they are EU-band devices.

The process for doing this is well tested - I have actually been using one of these as my primary phone for months, and is works very well. You use a normal EU Pre 3 doctor, and get the benefit of 16GB flash space for apps, documents, music, movies, Ubuntu Chroot, etc.

This thread is for webOS users and developers to bid for these devices. We should know how many we can make by Wed 11th Jan, and will be selling them shortly after that. We will sell them to the highest bidders at that time. There will be a strictly limited number of the 16GB EU Pre 3 devices made (we're talking about easily counting them on one hand here).

Note that as a result of this process, we will have an equal number of 8GB AT&T devices (e.g. half the flash space of the normal AT&T Pre 3), and will be selling these at greatly reduced prices.

So, start your bidding now ...

Bids for 16GB EU Pre 3 start at USD$400

Bids for 8GB NA Pre 3 start at USD$200

Your post must include a bid to be valid.

Bidding has closed, the results are:

16GB EU Pre 3: (3 available)

ACCEPTED: $480 JinbaIttai
    ACCEPTED: $460 olebl
    ACCEPTED: $450 horzel
    Sorry, not enough devices: $410 brum

8GB US Pre 3: (3 available)

ACCEPTED: $270 klktrk
    ACCEPTED: $260 9520G
    ACCEPTED: $252 suprolla
    Sorry, not enough devices: $220 MudShark22
    Sorry, not enough devices: $210 carguy303
    Sorry, not enough devices: $205 SlightlyAmiss
    Sorry, not enough devices: $205 sketch42
    Sorry, not enough devices: $200 hewball

Successful bidders will receive a PM from ka6sox to arrange payment and delivery.

-- Rod

[NOTE]Staff Note:
    This thread is about the Pre3 only. Please do not post about any other device. Thank you!
    [/NOTE]
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/13/2012 at 01:02 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Very interested in an 8gig AT&T Pre3

$200

Hewball
    Last edited by hewball; 01/08/2012 at 02:27 AM.
    Oh how I wish Sprint-ification was more than a dream. I'm betting these will go fast!
    interested in 16GB EU-band UMTS Pre 3

sent from HP TouchPad
    also interested in the at&t pre3 8gig
  6. cb7
    I'm also interested in the 8GB pre3
    8GB NA Pre 3 - $205
    I'll take a 16GB EU Pre3 for USD460.
    Last edited by olebl; 01/08/2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Want EU Pre $410. I will probably cry being able to fit a decent music collection.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    NA Pre 3 210
    Last edited by carguy303; 01/09/2012 at 05:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    NA 8GB Pre3 $252

I definitely will take one of these 8GB NA Pre3's.
    good job guys.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Other than being 16Gb instead of 8Gb what difference is there to say a UK Pre3 8Gb unlocked ?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Other than being 16Gb instead of 8Gb what difference is there to say a UK Pre3 8Gb unlocked ?
    None. That is the only difference.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  14.    #14  
    So that's 2 x 16GB EU Pre 3 devices (everyone who has bid on one so far should get one, unless there are higher bidders to come) and therefore 2 x 8G NA Pre 3 devices (the number of these depends on the number of 16GB EU Pre 3 devices made) claimed so far.

-- Rod
    Man, whish I had the money … Have fun with your new phones poeple, and lets all hope for future devices from a reliable manufacturer!
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Have you considered upgrading existing 8GB Pre3s? (ie I send you mine to upgrade it to a 16gb instead of selling me one? for a price of course)
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 01/08/2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Bidding on a 16G EU Pre3:
    $450
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    None. That is the only difference.

-- Rod
    Im quite surprised how much difference memory makes, ive been trying to sell my UK Pre 3 brand new sealed in the box unlocked under warranty and shipping to USA yet not one person interested, you put a 16Gb one on here and its already upto $450
    I don't see this only as a "sell", but as a chance to make a big donation to Webos Internals that; let's gonna be honests, give us more than everybody can pay: support to webOS continue.

I; and I'm saying "I", believe that the webOS was forget without this guys. Serious.

I'm not speaking about "apps" or "patches", but with many informations that are not public, and always helping who ask for.

I'm not gain nothing with this... hummm... wait, it's a lie! All we gain: support of the BEST hackers of a mobile world. I don't know about the others, but I like to help who help me.

Somethings can be measured, and others don't...

Best Regards...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Im quite surprised how much difference memory makes, ive been trying to sell my UK Pre 3 brand new sealed in the box unlocked under warranty and shipping to USA yet not one person interested, you put a 16Gb one on here and its already upto $450

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I do also have a 8GB EU PRE3 that I consider being upgraded to 16GB for a price.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast