Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hi Rod,

Have you any news about this?

//Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We may be able to look into this mid-February.

-- Rod
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    Hi Rod,

Have you any news about this?

//Dennis
    At this point, doing this would involve sending your EU Pre 3 device to Los Angeles, waiting for some time (depending on the free time of the person doing the job), and then having it shipped back to you.

We do have a couple of spare AT&T Pre 3 devices which can be used for this. You would of course have to supply the EU Pre 3, pay for shipping both ways, and pay for the extra device we use.

You would also need to be prepared to run the risk of devices getting lost during shipping both ways, or the extremely unlikely event of damage during the procedure itself, since we have no EU Pre 3 devices with which to replace a damaged device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Confirmed and locked in.

-- Rod
    Rec'd 8GB ATT Pre3.
    Transferred profile etc. Everything is working as intended.

Packaged up extra UK QWERTY Pre3. Will post PM with shipping #; will mail by Friday latest.

Two questions:
    - 8GB ATT Pre3 'boots' with webosinternals Tux (usually indicating a meta-doctor of some sort). What, if anything, was altered? Is the standard ATT 2.2.4 doctor the way to go (for backup puposes)?

Thanks as always,

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I just received my 16GB EU Pre3, and it seems to be working wonderfully! What a change to go from 4GB available storage to 12! Thanks guys!!
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Rec'd 8GB ATT Pre3.
    Transferred profile etc. Everything is working as intended.

Packaged up extra UK QWERTY Pre3. Will post PM with shipping #; will mail by Friday latest.

Two questions:
    - 8GB ATT Pre3 'boots' with webosinternals Tux (usually indicating a meta-doctor of some sort). What, if anything, was altered? Is the standard ATT 2.2.4 doctor the way to go (for backup puposes)?

Thanks as always,

- Thomas
    Yes, you can use a stock AT&T doctor on that device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    At this point, doing this would involve sending your EU Pre 3 device to Los Angeles, waiting for some time (depending on the free time of the person doing the job), and then having it shipped back to you.

We do have a couple of spare AT&T Pre 3 devices which can be used for this. You would of course have to supply the EU Pre 3, pay for shipping both ways, and pay for the extra device we use.

You would also need to be prepared to run the risk of devices getting lost during shipping both ways, or the extremely unlikely event of damage during the procedure itself, since we have no EU Pre 3 devices with which to replace a damaged device.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod, I suppose you mean that I have to pay for the shipping both ways (and be aware of the risks involved) and to pay for your kind work exchanging the RAM between the devices. But not pay for the AT&T-device since you can sell that as a 8GB device? What will be the price-tag of your kind work?
    Do you want my device without back and battery or complete?
    To where shall I send my device?

//Dennis
    Hi Rod, I suppose you mean that I have to pay for the shipping both ways (and be aware of the risks involved) and to pay for your kind work exchanging the RAM between the devices. But not pay for the AT&T-device since you can sell that as a 8GB device? What will be the price-tag of your kind work?
    Do you want my device without back and battery or complete?
    To where shall I send my device?

//Dennis
    I'm sure Rod DID mean to pay for the AT&T device as well (or supply one of your own) as they would have to source one and who, in their right mind, would buy an 8GB AT&T device at anything other than a major knock-down price?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I'm sure Rod DID mean to pay for the AT&T device as well (or supply one of your own) as they would have to source one and who, in their right mind, would buy an 8GB AT&T device at anything other than a major knock-down price?
    Well, that was excactly what took place on this thread, right mind or not..

//Dennis
    so are there any of these left and gig version? Im interested in buying 1?
    Well, that was excactly what took place on this thread, right mind or not..

//Dennis
    So what's the take on this?

//Dennis

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

Do you have any more info on this? Price etc.

//Dennis
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Just PM him but make sure you take as much from that post as possible. The price of the EU Pre 3 is about what you can find (on eBay etc.).

Are you asking about labour or the possibility of US Pre 3 price or both?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Just PM him but make sure you take as much from that post as possible. The price of the EU Pre 3 is about what you can find (on eBay etc.).

Are you asking about labour or the possibility of US Pre 3 price or both?
    Hi,

Got message from ka6sox about pricing and shipping.

Thanks
    Dennis
    There are still some Pre 3 on Amazon and on Ebay at the Moment

Hi,

Thanks
    Dennis
    To Tom King (ka6sox)

I've sent the device to the adress you specified and got confirmed from DHL that it's delivered to Jill Thach at BNS Electronics and I've also sent you the money requested by Paypal.
    I haven't got any confirmation from you about any of this and no estimate of when to expect the upgraded device back. Please get back to me.

Dennis
    Hi,

Thanks
    Dennis
    To Tom King (ka6sox)

I've sent the device to the adress you specified and got confirmed from DHL that it's delivered to Jill Thach at BNS Electronics and I've also sent you the money requested by Paypal.
    I haven't got any confirmation from you about any of this and no estimate of when to expect the upgraded device back. Please get back to me.

Dennis
    Guys... could you please chat about this in a PM instead of the main forums? Thanks
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345