Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Im quite surprised how much difference memory makes, ive been trying to sell my UK Pre 3 brand new sealed in the box unlocked under warranty and shipping to USA yet not one person interested, you put a 16Gb one on here and its already upto $450
    When you move from a 16GB Pre 2 to a Pre 3, you need the 16GB version to be able to fit all your stuff.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have a spare, unused, 8GB Pre3 (French keyboard). Will conversion become possible?
    Conversion I guess would be possible if we have a spare Pre2 right? Rob would you be ok to share/sell that info for a decent donation? After you sell your Pre's that is...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    260 for a 8gb att pre 3.
    I'm quite surprised how much difference memory makes, ive been trying to sell my UK Pre 3 brand new sealed in the box unlocked under warranty and shipping to USA yet not one person interested, you put a 16Gb one on here and its already upto $450
    My way of supporting Rod. Without him the webos landscape would be different.

I already own a pre³ EU 8 G azerty, Veer qwertz, pre plus qwertz and a white Touchpad

I seem to missing a pre²
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Conversion I guess would be possible if we have a spare Pre2 right? Rob would you be ok to share/sell that info for a decent donation? After you sell your Pre's that is...
    Pre2? You mean Pre3, right?

The procedure for conversion is already publicly documented in a thread here on webOS Nation.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I might take a pre3 8gb for $200 if there are any left.

You can get a like-new 16gb for 250-275 on ebay...

Right now I'm sitting pretty with 2.0.1 on my pre+
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    OMG !!! Really? I just assumed that you would somehow franken a Pre3 and a Pre2 to increase the available storage. I will try to read the thread but I am not sure how you can increase the storage without tampering the hardware.
    You did do everyone the basic courtesy of reading the first post in the thread before posting yourself, right? It clearly states that a hardware modification is performed.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you move from a 16GB Pre 2 to a Pre 3, you need the 16GB version to be able to fit all your stuff.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod

I hope it doesn't appear that I am having a dig at all. I am merely curious at the demand when the standard 8Gb's don't seem to sell

I have a touchpad 32Gb and got my Son a 16Gb TP from this very forum, and I could not go down to a 16Gb TP now at all

I also understand the Dev support too
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Thanks Rod

I hope it doesn't appear that I am having a dig at all. I am merely curious at the demand when the standard 8Gb's don't seem to sell

I have a touchpad 32Gb and got my Son a 16Gb TP from this very forum, and I could not go down to a 16Gb TP now at all

I also understand the Dev support too
    You also have to remember you are trying to sell something to the US, that the US has a better variant of. The EU doesn't get 3G/4G data on ATT and we already have 16 gigs.

Same can be said for this market, you are giving EU users a way to get high speed data and 16 gigs, something not available in the EU.

Sorry for going slightly off topic, just trying to explain the increased market for what Rod is offering.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Did I get it right? Can I use the 16g memory from my PRE2 to converse my 8gb PRE3 to 16gb?
    If so can someone point me to the post that explains how to do it?
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    Did I get it right? Can I use the 16g memory from my PRE2 to converse my 8gb PRE3 to 16gb?
    Go back and read the OP.
    Nope
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14.    #34  
    Sigh. The Pre 2 has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. I wish people would read before posting.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You did do everyone the basic courtesy of reading the first post in the thread before posting yourself, right? It clearly states that a hardware modification is performed.

-- Rod
    Sorry Rod
    I "missed" the 16GB AT&T part
    Vas
    NOTE:
    Members:

Please read the FIRST post in this thread before posting here. Any posts about Pre2's will be deleted as off-topic. This thread is about the Pre3 only.

Thank you!
    Ok, sorry for the post involving a PRE2.
    But my (and another members) question remains: I have a brand new 8GB EU PRE3 - is it possible for you to converse this one for a number of dollars so I don't have to go through the trouble of bying a new conversed PRE3 and selling ny own?
    since no-one sells the comm boads, the only way to upgrade is to scavenge the parts from another phone.
  19.    #39  
    Ok, sorry for the post involving a PRE2.
    But my (and another members) question remains: I have a brand new 8GB EU PRE3 - is it possible for you to converse this one for a number of dollars so I don't have to go through the trouble of bying a new conversed PRE3 and selling ny own?
    We're going to be doing the conversion of the phones that we have today. After that process is finished, we'll discuss about what might be able to be done with existing phones. Note that you'd need to ship it, so you'd be without it for a considerable period of time.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

Same can be said for this market, you are giving EU users a way to get high speed data and 16 gigs, something not available in the EU.
    Sorry for going slightly off topic, but it is available:
    It's called the AT&T Pre 3 providing 3G via the 2100MHz band.
    I've been using it for a few months in Europe, getting max speeds with my current provider.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast