Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sent you a PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    if its not gone already, sent pm
    I've been wanting a Verizon Pre 3 since before it came out. I'm an opening day Sprint Pre user, to a verizon pixi plus, and now on a Pre 2 on verizon. Switched in hopes of the pre 3 landing on Verizon, but it never did. If you haven't found a more loyal webos fan...pm me
    I sent you a PM.
    Obviously, there are more influential members that this pre 3 could go to, but I'd be more than willing to offer a good home to it. I've been looking into developing a handful of apps and after recently losing my job, I think this is the sort of thing I could throw myself into while I look for other gainful means of employment (as well as avoid depression). Looking forward to your decision no matter who is on the receiving end.
  6.    #26  
    Hi,
    Sorry for not replying to all the PM's. Here is the update:
    I still have the phone (though I misplaced the battery...). There hasn't been any obvious stand-out amongst the requesters...

What about the meet-up groups? A NY group would be easiest for me, but I could send it to one of the other cities. They can then raffle it off or give it away or do something else to help spread the goodness.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH97 View Post
    It's yours so do whatever you want to it. Well that's quite surprising .. Can you post a picture of it? I'll like to see it. I heard somewhere that the Pre3 was designed before palm was acquired by HP, but production was after the acquisition so that's puzzling.. My AT&T Pre3 has a blank battery too along with another guy's UK Pre3 whom I helped to doctor ..
    Oh, I was wrong about the battery. I looked at both last week, and yes, both were blank. I swore I saw the logo... probably my warped brain, too much Palm...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    If I were you, I would consider contacting webOS-Internals before making a decision. You know what their involvement is and may well be able to help more with that phone.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Hi,
    I still have the phone (though I misplaced the battery...). There hasn't been any obvious stand-out amongst the requesters...

What about the meet-up groups? A NY group would be easiest for me, but I could send it to one of the other cities. They can then raffle it off or give it away or do something else to help spread the goodness.
    Battery or not, I'm still very interested. My Pre+ is on its last legs but I don't want to abandon WebOS. I'm relatively close enough to consider attending a NYC meet-up if one happens.
    if you have not gotten a buyer, I would buy it from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Hi,

I sent you a PM with my situation and I'm still very interested in the Pre 3. I'll meet up with whoever you want if you'll send it to me in AZ!
    So, a bit of an update. My Pre+ has finally gave out. The crack by the microUSB port door spread across the screen and the digitizer is kaput. I am desperately in need of a new phone. Pre 3 or no, I'm still committed to WebOS.
  13.    #33  
    Ok, sorry for the long, long delay.

I managed to get a new OEM battery for the Pre 3, and was able to wipe the device, then confirm all is well (skip-first-use).

So, it is all charged, waiting to go to a nice home, and I feel bad it is just sitting there unused (I have my ATT Pre 3, which I love, though it now has a slight scratch).

Not sure who is still around, but any developer/super-fan, now is your chance...
    KA1
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I would love to come back to WebOS from WP7! I miss it still from my Pre+ days. I check the marketplace almost every day...
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I been looking for a verizon Pre3 to compliment the lovely touchpad i have...
    email for NYC webos dev meetup group

nycwebosdev@gmail.com
  17.    #37  
    Ok, shipped today to a new home.
    KA1
    aww, i missed my chance
    oh well, whoever recieves it, enjoy!
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    aww, i missed my chance
    oh well, whoever recieves it, enjoy!
    That's is exactly what I was thinking, you stole my words from my mind. I missed my chance to get a free palm pre 3 device, and well whatever. I wish the person who got this device from the OP, the best and hope you enjoy the new Palm Pre 3 device.

Does the original OP has more to give out ? I so want that device, not for any sort of development just as a means to replace my newly-bought device Palm Pre 2. The high resolution and having a bit of a bigger display(along with bigger qwerty-keyboard) it seems that it would be a joy to own it. DAMN HP, you're so stupid as tech company.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    <thread closed>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12