Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Title says it all - please let me know : mitzeclipse@hotmail.com

Please view my references: www.mitzeclipse.com

Thanks!
    take a scoot thru palminfocentre.com. i saw a post the other day that listed an outlet that sold them for us$400 new.
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    take a scoot thru palminfocentre.com. i saw a post the other day that listed an outlet that sold them for us$400 new.
    The ~$400 price was getting Staples to do a 110% price match on an ad from Harmony Computers, IIRC.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  4.    #4  
    Thanks all - JUST bought one!

Now, I need to find a good case for it! Anyone have any suggestions?
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    Now, I need to find a good case for it! Anyone have any suggestions?
    In the same position currently. I've been using the included screen cover since I bought mine. I'm still trying to figure out which I want. My current front runner is the E&B slipper. The Vaja is nice too, but so far the E&B is the only one I've seen which will allow syncing in the cradle with the case on.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Toby
    In the same position currently. I've been using the included screen cover since I bought mine. I'm still trying to figure out which I want. My current front runner is the E&B slipper. The Vaja is nice too, but so far the E&B is the only one I've seen which will allow syncing in the cradle with the case on.
    Have you seen the Scuba Case ? I'm thinking about buying one, not sure how "fat" it makes the tungsten.
    Have you seen the Scuba Case ? I'm thinking about buying one, not sure how "fat" it makes the tungsten.
    Yep, seen it. Here are some pics of one actually on a T|T: http://www.foxpop.ndirect.co.uk/Palm/tt_01.htm. It doesn't allow in place cradle syncs either.
  8.    #8  
    Yep, seen it. Here are some pics of one actually on a T|T: http://www.foxpop.ndirect.co.uk/Palm/tt_01.htm. It doesn't allow in place cradle syncs either.
    Nice, I just remembered that the package that i bought from the guy actually included the scuba case so I'll post my thoughts on it.

I need to find some apps that take advantage of OS5. Any suggestions Toby? I'm sure there are several posts on various boards - do you know if there is a "tungstencentral" type board out there?
    I need to find some apps that take advantage of OS5. Any suggestions Toby?
    The ones that really take advantage of the new features are mainly multimedia currently (pic viewers like SplashPhoto and MP3 players like AeroPlayer and Pocket Tunes), or games. I think that it'll probably take a bit more time before some more interesting stuff comes out.
    I'm sure there are several posts on various boards - do you know if there is a "tungstencentral" type board out there?
    I wish there was. I'm currently trying to find one. PDABuzz and PalmInfoCenter aren't it from what I can tell. PDAlive is pretty inactive from what I've seen. The Yahoo groups are a bit of a pain to navigate. *sigh*
  10.    #10  
    The Brighthand Tungston T Forums look like they are fairly active.

I'm just not used it yet... been on VC too long!
    The Brighthand Tungston T Forums look like they are fairly active.

I'm just not used it yet... been on VC too long!
    heh...I'll check it out when I get a chance. Active isn't all I'm looking for though. The 'problem' with PDABuzz is that its activity is all over the map. It still has a decided platform war slant that nearly all threads seem to wind up taking. PIC usually winds up in a Palm/Sony version of the same, and it's attracted a PPC troll into the mix. None of them wind up with the community feel that VC has always had.
  12.    #12  
    yeah, no kidding. I think out of all the boards that I frequent, VC and TC are definitely the best in helping people out. Everyone acts professionally and you're right - there are less ppc/palmos wars.
    I have been "hanging out" over at Brighthand's TT forum and have been pleasantly surprised. I have read some very useful threads and there has been very little "trolling" such as goes on at PIC. I only saw one PPC Troll who was very quickly kicked off. All in all, I would say that it has been as useful as VC. In fact, I have noticed a number of VC posters over there including Slot Racer and others.

With regard to software, may I suggest two essential apps for the TT. They are:

Newpen

Okey

Newpen allows you to use the screen to write graffiti and Okey allows you to access menus (for those programs such as Palm Reader where you cannot tap the top to bring down the menus). This combo allows me to use my TT without ever opening the slider.

By the way, I purchased the Palm hard case and have been very happy with it. It adds very little to the size of the TT, the lid swings out of the way so it doesn't interfer with using the device, and, contrary to what some have said, it holds the device securely. I have been unable to "shake" mine free (tested over my water bed). I also find the aluminum finish attractive. While not armor, I feel that it protects my device very nicely.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    i would recommend Grafitti Anywhere, which is similar to Newpen. i run both apps. the difference is that GA is much better for inputing data into fields (like when adding to your list of contacts) and newpen is better for memos and other text things.

i also recommend Launcher X, DES Journal, and Crossing Over.

You may also like ClickStart. at present, I'm undecided on it. i'm thinking version 1.3 or 1.4 will add what i think it needs.

as for cases, i haven't bought one yet as i'm considering getting one custom made that will hold the TT and the XT keyboard. you may want to look at this one though:

http://www.pielframa.com/Palm%20tungsten%20simple.htm

card export (http://www.softick.com) is also handy. (oh, and if you haven't heard, AVOID Sandisk SD cards as they're having severe write problems on the TT!)

you may also want an mp3 player: pocket tunes and aeroplayer are both worth checking out. however, there's a sound prob with the current release of os5 (with mp3s) that palm is apparently working on fixing. should be fixed in the next two weeks.

obviously, i also have the XT keyboard and i quite like it. amazing that they made the old PPK even smaller and lighter.

if you weren't aware, you can now do advanced searches on palmgear for OS 5 apps.

hope this helps. congrats on your new purchase!

mc
  15.    #15  
    Thanks all for the suggestions! I'll defintely be doing some downloading tomorrow when the UPS person comes knockin' on my door tomorrow Can't wait!

I really can't wait to pair it with my new Siemens S55 phone too! I'll post my results later!
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    (oh, and if you haven't heard, AVOID Sandisk SD cards as they're having severe write problems on the TT!)
    mc
    People over on Brighthand are posting the timings for various SD cards, including the 256 and 512 MB cards. The Sandisk cards appear to be painfully slow, regardless of the size. The winners appear to be cards by Lexar which appear to be very fast, regardless of size. Reportedly, there are compatibility issues between Sandisk cards and Palm devices as this behavior is not seen with PPC devices.

I am using a 64MB PNY card (actually a Toshiba card) and have middle of the road timings, nothing like those people are seeing with the Lexar cards.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    Anyone know if there are ANY Sprint PCS phones that are bluetooth enabled yet? I can't switch carriers at this point, but I really want a T|T...
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by patwoods
    Anyone know if there are ANY Sprint PCS phones that are bluetooth enabled yet? I can't switch carriers at this point, but I really want a T|T...
    There is news about a Bluetooth CDMA cellphone HERE and HERE.

Here is a teaser article regarding the SonyEricsson T608 Phone
    I ended up taking my Prism out of the E&B Slipper case to synch it, even though it was supposed to allow syncing in the cradle, case on. Also, I thought the Vaja case had a synch slot, (not that I could use THAT with my Prism in cradle, either)

Is there a plain Palm slim case for the TT?
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    I ended up taking my Prism out of the E&B Slipper case to synch it, even though it was supposed to allow syncing in the cradle, case on. Also, I thought the Vaja case had a synch slot, (not that I could use THAT with my Prism in cradle, either)
    It has a cut out, but will only work with a sync cable, not the cradle.
    Is there a plain Palm slim case for the TT?
    Yeah, but it didn't look that slim from what I can tell.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast