Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Guys i really need a working sprint pre comms board the one in my pre 2 apparently died making the phone unusable and i don't have any upgrades or anything with sprint =[ please help
    I believe it would work but I may be able to give up one from a Pre-. My Pre- has mostly kicked the bucket(keyboard doesn't work) so it's pretty much a brick for me, I had it working with a virtual keyboard patch and wifi-only access for a while, until I got my veer and palm did a remote wipe of the pre-. I also have switched to att, with 4 different GSM Pre phones so don't foresee going back to sprint anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    if you could let me have it that would be amazing do you have a paypal?
    you know you can't just stick the new comms board in the pre2 and activate it, right? It has to be hooked into original Pre- hardware and activated before you put it into the Pre2 hardware.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    you know you can't just stick the new comms board in the pre2 and activate it, right? It has to be hooked into original Pre- hardware and activated before you put it into the Pre2 hardware.
    yea i know my pre one still works fine for that.

i wish there was a way i could swap this brand new verizon radio to sprint so it wont die on me...at this point i dont trust the sprint radios lol. but yea i cant wait to get another sprint radio
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    well it seems that the radio is completly hosed =[ so if anyone can help me obtain a new one that would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    well it seems that the radio is completly hosed =[ so if anyone can help me obtain a new one that would be awesome
    I have two Sprint Pre- phones that were in good working condition before I switched to Verizon for a pair of Pre2's (coverage was more of a concern so no need to Frakenpre them).

PM me if you are still interested in one or both.
    PM me your address and I'll drop the pre- in the mail. it'll be my good deed for the week.
    I booted the pre- up for the first time in a couple of months and for some reason it went right past the registration screen and my virtual keyboard was still intact! but I still don't need it and it's still not usable as a phone(there is some sort of connection issue between the front half of the phone and the back half which results in random crashes/reboots/power offs). So I'm running a secure full erase. Provided your in the U.S. and I can use priority flat rate mail I'll aim to drop it in the mail soon.

After 2 months of sitting on a table, being powered off the battery was still 100%, which was surprising to me I would of expected some level of drop off.
    another data point, after I did a full erase, I booted it, chose the language and the pre- activated on it's own. Note I have not had Sprint service on this Pre- since January, I'm not even a Sprint(phone) subscriber (since August).

Earlier this year, out of nowhere this same Pre- managed to register a new voicemail on my sprint account, it was correct in that there was a new voice mail but the phone had no access to my account, which I confirmed when I tried to check VM on that phone (my sprint phone at the time was a Sanyo) and got an automated voice saying the phone wasn't authorized to connect or something.

So it's a haunted phone. your still welcome to have it though.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    lmaoo that sounds freaky, hmm wonder whats gonna happen when i drop the radio into my pre- hopefully it dosnt screw with my account or my dad will kill me XD but ill pm you address now
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    i still need one guys =[ and i need the sticker behind the battery to activate it
    Hey, NP... has you find some Sprint Commboard?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)