1.    #1  
    Sold and on its way to Brazil

I bought an unlocked AZERTY Pre 3 from expansys.fr when they still had them, yesterday I was able to buy a QWERTZ Pre 3, so now I'm selling the AZERTY one.

I paid 211.83 (= ~ $297 USD), and I'd sell for that price + shipping, I'll ship to anywhere in the world

I used it for about a week, but it's like new, no scratches or anything with headset still unused, original box of course, USB cable and charger (EU version) and the expansys invoice.

So let me know if you're interested
    Last edited by johnnygewitter; 09/09/2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: update
  2.    #2  
    I want to answer some questions / clarify some things here that I received by private message:

This is the regular unlocked GSM version. Works with any GSM SIM card, check with your carrier for UMTS frequency compatibility. The Pre 3 supports 900, 1900 and 2100.

The only difference to the version sold in the UK or Germany is the keyboard layout which is AZERTY (looks the same on Pre 3). You can change the layout/mapping with this method (check the thread if Pre 3 compatibility has already been added) or this method.

This Pre 3 has already been used / activated (for Germany). That means it has access to the App Catalog for paid and free apps. Check this post and this HP support article for information on app catalog geo restriction. Also check out Impostah for even more information on stuff like that

Of course the Pre 3 visited the doctor and using a new / your old Palm Profile aka HP webOS account is no problem.

If you are living outside the EU, you may have to pay taxes and/or customs, that depends entirely on your country and I can not pay these taxes beforehand or have any control over it.
    Since I have to declare contents and value for customs, I could lie and just write down whatever you want, but then I won't include the original invoice (since it obviously states the value), and you're completely responsible yourself for whatever happens at your customs office.

I prefer shipping with DHL, shipping to most countries is ~ 15€.

You pay exactly what I paid + shipping - I don't want to make profit, but I don't want to lose money either, I'm sure you understand

That's it folks - I'd love to help someone without easy access to a Pre 3 to get one
    Last edited by johnnygewitter; 09/09/2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: grammar
    Well since you activated it already been activated in Germany that means the app catalog won't work in USA , right ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Well since you activated it already been activated in Germany that means the app catalog won't work in USA , right ??
    To my knowledge it will still work, because it was activated in a country where the app catalog is available without restrictions (not only free apps).
    But since I have no experience in using a device activated in another country, I cannot guarantee it 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    To my knowledge it will still work, because it was activated in a country where the app catalog is available without restrictions (not only free apps).
    But since I have no experience in using a device activated in another country, I cannot guarantee it 100%.
    You should ask Rod about this . I'm not positive about it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post

I was used an Original Palm Pre before and it was activated in Germany and i was used it in unsupported country and that this is how:

You can access full app cataloge Free apps and Paid apps only the apps submited to German app catalog not the ones submited only to US app catalog.
    and most of developeres submit thier apps to the supported countries USA/Germany/UK etc.

and the currency for paid apps will be EURO even if you use a US Credit Card ...
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Why are the AZERTY and QWERTZ models going for less than half the price than the QWERTY models?
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Why are the AZERTY and QWERTZ models going for less than half the price than the QWERTY models?
    Maybe because QWERTY is global user's preference. I already using QWERTY since Palm Treo 600.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Why do AZERTY & QWERTZ keyboards exist? What is the problem in using QWERTY keyboards, for the French and the Germans?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Activation in Europe: payment with EU credt cards ONLY.
    Activation in US/CA/Mex: payment with credit cards from those countries ONLY.

Workarounds are virtual credit cards. Search is your friend.
    There is also another workaround if you have a TouchPad with a US app cat access profile.

I have not done this, but at least one P|C member did this with a UK Pre3 (posted in the Pre3 forums).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    There is also another workaround if you have a TouchPad with a US app cat access profile.

I have not done this, but at least one P|C member did this with a UK Pre3 (posted in the Pre3 forums).
    Very true. Not just Pre 3's. Any webOS phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Very true. Not just Pre 3's. Any webOS phone.
    Good point!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    i'd like to buy that if you still have it...pm'ed you.
  15.    #15  
    Sold!