webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  Marketplace > New Pre 2 and FrankenPre Service
New Pre 2 and FrankenPre Service

Old 09/08/2011, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have 1 Pre2 left. Also, I'm still doing the FrankenPre service to those who are interested. PM me if you are interested.

I am also offering my services to do the FrankenPre conversion for Sprint Pre users. I'm am currently doing this for 3 other members, and have done it for others in the past. A member suggested that I post this in the marketplace, so...
$35 for the conversion. If you want, I can install Nav as well, although that requires access to your Palm profile, which some have been, understandably, hesitant about. The only reason I need it is to activate the phone to install the ipk. If you want one of the above phones, and want me to convert it for you, I will do it for $35. The only thing I will need is an activated Sprint Pre, as you can't activate the phone after the conversion is complete.

PM me if interested. Thanks!

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html

Last edited by morrison0880; 09/26/2011 at 01:59 PM.
morrison0880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: settelma
Old 09/08/2011, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

So if I wanted to buy a Pre 2 from you and have you use my Sprint pre for conversion you could do that - and by Nav you mean you can get Sprint Nav to work also?

also I am taking this as once done you have the phone but if i wanted to transfer it over to my wifes profile when i get a new phone, this would not be possible, correct?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)

Last edited by DJeremyC; 09/08/2011 at 03:52 PM.
DJeremyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
So if I wanted to buy a Pre 2 from you and have you use my Sprint pre for conversion you could do that - and by Nav you mean you can get Sprint Nav to work also?

also I am taking this as once done you have the phone but if i wanted to transfer it over to my wifes profile when i get a new phone, this would not be possible, correct?
Yeah, Sprint Navigation. It doesn't come along with the conversion, so I have to manually add the ipk. Not difficult to do, but if I'm doing the conversion I might as well save you some time and headache.

Yes, once the conversion is done, you can't reactivate the phone on another line. You would need to put the comms board back in a Sprint Pre, activate it on your wife's line, and then do the FrankenPre Conversion again. PINA, but there's currently no way around it.

Old 09/08/2011, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a frankenpre2 already. I'm going to pm you with a question later when I get home. Just posting this as a place holder so I will remember.
blue duck butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Bummer...

I just bought 2 pre 2's this morning, wish I had seen this earlier.
Old 09/09/2011, 08:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Is there much of a difference whether we would prefer a Verizon versus an Unlocked version since we are switching the comm boards?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
DJeremyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2011, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
Is there much of a difference whether we would prefer a Verizon versus an Unlocked version since we are switching the comm boards?
Nah. Really the only difference is that with the unlocked version you need to replace the whole back bevel, since it houses the antenna, so you will have a CDMA antenna. The Verizon can just swap boards.

Old 09/09/2011, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

The phones have all been sold with conversions. I am still offering the $35 conversion if you have a phone. Let me know.

Old 09/10/2011, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

looks like I missed out on this.
I have one Pre- and I'm looking for four Pre 2's that are FrankenPre'd with Sprint Com boards for myself, wife and kids. I'm just not willing to give up WebOS or Sprint yet. Let me know if you get more or have any ideas.
scheumanrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2011, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

what you need then would be 3 pre-'s along with yours, that are activated, and then 4 Pre 2's. The Pre- needs to be active on an existing line before the conversion. You can't make the switch and then activate them.

you can find the pre 2 for $150-$200 on ebay, and pre- with a good est for really cheap, especially if it's in bad but workable shape. If you can get them, I can convert them for you if you want. Good hunting!

Old 09/12/2011, 07:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Yha, Yesterday, I bought a 130 pre 2 verizon and a beatup but working pre- for 30 bucks. Waiting for everything to get here to do the switch. I have a pixi- atm. all I need to do is active the the pre-? then do the switch.
giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2011, 07:51 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles View Post
Yha, Yesterday, I bought a 130 pre 2 verizon and a beatup but working pre- for 30 bucks. Waiting for everything to get here to do the switch. I have a pixi- atm. all I need to do is active the the pre-? then do the switch.
Yup. Activate that Pre-, do some surgery, run the script using metadoctor, and you'll be good to go!

Old 09/19/2011, 09:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

morrison0880, thanks for my conversion. You did an amazing job, I mean, you cannot tell that my brand new shiny pr2 was even open. So I am happily in FrankenPre land.
rinodattilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: morrison0880
Old 09/19/2011, 10:14 AM   #14 (permalink)

I live in New Jersey and own an original Sprint Palm Pre that is in excellent condition. What exactly will your $35 conversion service do for my device? Thank You.
fmarcanojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2011, 01:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Just got my Sprint frankenpre 2 back from fellow Precentral member, morrision0880. He did a great job -- everything works & profile data reloaded fine. He did exactly what he said he'd do, as they say easy peesy. Very responisive via e-mail. Thank you, sir.

Highly recommended for those who don't want to mess with the hardware and meta-doctor installation (that would be me).

I'm playing around with my new Pre2 (ebay purchase) to fine tune the phone to my needs. Already have Preware, UK and Govnah doing their thing for me.

Last edited by bill2455; 09/19/2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: edit to ID morrison0880 as a feloow Precentral member.
bill2455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2011, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

If you still have a verizon pre2 avilable I'm willing to do $150 shipped to zip code 20874.
bearda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/2011, 02:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

I still have one Pre 2 available. PM me if interested.

Old 10/03/2011, 10:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Morrison0880 did an AMAZING JOB! He did what he said he would. Thanx again by the way. If you want it done right, Morrison0880 is the right guy. Sprint TV and nav work like a charm.
Stewbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 02:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

Add one more testimonial to the string from another very satisfied customer! Excellent workmanship, and the communication was timely and accurate as well. If you're in the market for this service, I'd highly recommend that you contact Morrison0880.
cuppa_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 11:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Just wanted to know if you're still doing the conversions?

If so where are you located and how long does it take to do it?

I was looking online to get an unlock pre 2 from Ebay. Unless you have some?
onekoolfella is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0