webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  Marketplace > New Pre 2 and FrankenPre Service
New Pre 2 and FrankenPre Service

Old 10/19/2011, 10:37 AM   #21 (permalink)

Hey morrison0880 I got your PM and replied back to you. Just let me know what's next?
onekoolfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 05:16 PM   #22 (permalink)

For those in the Bay Area you can come to the local webOS users group meeting and there'll surely be someone there do perform a frankenpre'in for you, fyi!
(Sales prices always less than ebay)
sanaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2011, 02:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

This was my first transaction via the forum. Since I made such an impulse decision, I started getting worried about not having a phone for a week (Bay Area, 7 days turnaround via USPS Priority) or any guarantee on receiving what I paid for. Morrison0880 was quick to respond to my questions, and I received everything as promised. I was so excited when my package arrived in the mail today, and I've already recommended him to another friend that's hanging onto a launch day Pre-. Thank you SO much for the brand new Pre 2 & FrankenPre service!
wallbounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: morrison0880
Old 11/16/2011, 08:59 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
I still have one Pre 2 available. PM me if interested.
hey I'm interested in buying one of the pre 2 phones & service, my poor launch day pre- Is dying faster than a iphone 4 battery lol I'm ready to go asap thanks 4 all the help and please list all the details on payment arr. Also time frame from start to finish to back in my hands...
usedcarkingofny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2011, 09:59 AM   #25 (permalink)

Here's a big thanks to morrison0808 for walking me through the metadoctor part of the frankenpre process. After I dropped and shattered the glass on the frankenpre he did for me just a month or so ago, I bought a new gsm pre 2 on ebay. I decided to do this one myself. The comm board swap went smoothly but I got a little hung up doing the metadoctor. I emailed morrison0808 for advice and he graciously assisted. 10 out of 10 for morrison0808's conversion service.
bill2455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/2011, 03:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

I also recommend morrison0808 without hesitation! Quick and responsive to my questions, and seemed genuinely interested in my satisfaction.

The Pre2 is great! I was at first disappointed that some of my favorite tools and patches weren't available in 2.x, but I've since discovered that they're there, named something else. I was really missing QST, then discovered the Device Menu patches that are just as good.

Thanks, Rory!
Old 12/07/2011, 11:26 PM   #27 (permalink)

Just to let you all know, morrison0880 is a great friend to have. I just got my Frankenpre up and running, thanks to his insight!

Folks, don't be afraid to work with this guy. It's good to have someone like him on the boards.
Fisack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2011, 06:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Rnp

Hi, Morrison!

I'm still trying to buy a GSM Commboard... have you some one there?

Best Regards...
Old 12/13/2011, 03:41 PM   #29 (permalink)

I understood in another forum that "metadoctor" was not needed to do a Frankenpre conversion from a verizon palm pre 2 for the Sprint Pre-??? is that wrong or am I missing something.I want to get this process done myself and if it does require metadoctor I would send it to morrison immidiately as i dont want to take the risk of effin things up since my phone is on its last leg hehe
T4H_KiserSose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2011, 03:49 PM   #30 (permalink)

From what I can remember, the Verizon doctor will work with the sprint board. But I could be wrong.
I would do the Metadoctor anyway, since it does have sprint source built into it.
nalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2011, 11:57 AM   #31 (permalink)

I just received my Franken pre 2 back from Morrison0880. He did a great job and a quick turn around. Anyone who has a sprint pre - should take this next step. What a difference!
settelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 10:49 PM   #32 (permalink)

If anyone is interested in this yet, I have a used Pre2 in almost perfect shape that I'm ready to part with. Or if you just want the conversion done, I can help with that as well. Send me a PM if interested.

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
morrison0880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2012, 10:04 PM   #33 (permalink)

Sent PM
Bratatat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 07:18 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
I have 1 Pre2 left. Also, I'm still doing the FrankenPre service to those who are interested. PM me if you are interested.

I am also offering my services to do the FrankenPre conversion for Sprint Pre users. I'm am currently doing this for 3 other members, and have done it for others in the past. A member suggested that I post this in the marketplace, so...
$35 for the conversion. If you want, I can install Nav as well, although that requires access to your Palm profile, which some have been, understandably, hesitant about. The only reason I need it is to activate the phone to install the ipk. If you want one of the above phones, and want me to convert it for you, I will do it for $35. The only thing I will need is an activated Sprint Pre, as you can't activate the phone after the conversion is complete.

PM me if interested. Thanks!
Are you still offering Frankenpre 2 services? I have a daily use Sprint Pre and an unlocked Verizon Pre 2 that I would like to convert to a Sprint Frankenpre2.
WSM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 08:01 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSM1 View Post
Are you still offering Frankenpre 2 services? I have a daily use Sprint Pre and an unlocked Verizon Pre 2 that I would like to convert to a Sprint Frankenpre2.
You bet! About one per week. Good to see webOS is still kicking. You will honestly be amazed at the difference going from the pre to a frankenpre2. PM me and I will give you all the info you need tomorrow. Packer game is starting, so i gotta run!
morrison0880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 01:00 AM   #36 (permalink)

Sent you a PM for your services.
hpcbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0