1.    #1  
    I have a Pre2 that was used as a FrankenPre before its user decided to go with the Evo 3D. It will come without a comms board, which you won't need anyway if you want to FrankenPre. It has a few tiny scratches which are barely noticeable, and a couple tiny marks in the upper left casing. Otherwise, it looks and works fine. If you want to Frankenpre, I will send it with the CDMA antenna already swapped, so you just have to do the comm swap. Or, if you want, you can send me your phone and I will do it for you. Looking for $100.

**Phone has been sold** If you need it I still offer the FrankenPre service. $35 + shipping covers it. PM me if interested**
    Last edited by morrison0880; 09/15/2011 at 09:34 AM.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I have a Pre2 that was used as a FrankenPre before its user decided to go with the Evo 3D. It will come without a comms board, which you won't need anyway if you want to FrankenPre. It has a few tiny scratches which are barely noticeable, and a couple tiny marks in the upper left casing. Otherwise, it looks and works fine. If you want to Frankenpre, I will send it with the CDMA antenna already swapped, so you just have to do the comm swap. Or, if you want, you can send me your phone and I will do it for you. Looking for $100.
    I wish I knw this on the 31st of august other wise I never would have bought one off ebay >. I'm actually trying to find a 'how to guide' for swapping com boards. Was gonna switch off of sprint but then I have less data (2gigs) to use from other networks. I troll friends with my phone since it's like a mini comp. I save pics from every where. But back onto topic, is there a such 'how to guide'?
  3.    #3  
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by angelo.55 View Post
    I wish I knw this on the 31st of august other wise I never would have bought one off ebay >. I'm actually trying to find a 'how to guide' for swapping com boards. Was gonna switch off of sprint but then I have less data (2gigs) to use from other networks. I troll friends with my phone since it's like a mini comp. I save pics from every where. But back onto topic, is there a such 'how to guide'?
    Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals

with pics
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
  5.    #5  
    Hey Angelo. Did you figure it out?

I'm interested - PM sent.
    My use would be on Verizon with a VZW COMM board. Is this a former VZW phone or a former AT&T phone or other?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I'm interested - PM sent.
    My use would be on Verizon with a VZW COMM board. Is this a former VZW phone or a former AT&T phone or other?
    Unlocked.

Unlocked.
    So that was a GSM phone originally then. Did I understand that you have the bezel with the CMDA antenna's installed still so it would be no more complicated to hook up than to switch the comm board over?

Does the unlocked unit mean I would need to use MetaDoctor or will the standard VZW doc work?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    So that was a GSM phone originally then. Did I understand that you have the bezel with the CMDA antenna's installed still so it would be no more complicated to hook up than to switch the comm board over?

Does the unlocked unit mean I would need to use MetaDoctor or will the standard VZW doc work?
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were just looking for a comms board. I've already sold the used Pre2. You can find brand new Pre2's on ebay for $150-$175. Here is one for $160 with free shipping and a touchstone: BRAND-NEW SEALED Palm Pre 2 - Black (Verizon or Pageplus) Smartphone+Touch

If you get an unlocked version, you need to swap out the bevel with a CDMA version. Just use the one from your current Pre- or version Pre+. With the Verison pre2, you just have to swap boards. Either way, you need to use metadoctor to modify the standard webOS doctor. Just use the appropriate script for your carrier and your Pre2 version.