Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

After Palm Eurostore telling me that they didn't have stock I bought a contract Pre 3, only for the Eurostore to send me one anyway so now I have two! Therefore, the Palm Eurostore Pre3 is up for sale. I don't want to make a profit on it but I'd like it to go to a good home - although I also want a Touchpad 32GB! So I'll be prioritising who to sell it to in the following order:

1) Someone willing to trade a TP 32GB + 185 (Pre3 cost price - TP cost price + 1 rounding up. ). Preferably this would be someone living somewhere near me (Surbiton/London/Surrey/Hampshire) as I don't want to open myself up to receiving 185 cash and no Touchpad, although I may consider people further away if I can confirm they're reliable. I'm willing to drive a little way to meet in person or I can meet in London when I'm next in the office.

2) Someone who works on the WebOS internals side, happy to ship worldwide to anyone willing to pay the 308.99 cost (there was 9.99 shipping on the order) + shipping to wherever they are. Please post what WebOS projects you work on and how I can confirm this.

3) A developer actively creating WebOS apps. Shipping/costs the same as 2. Please post what apps you've created and how recently there's been an update, also please post how I can confirm this.

4) Everyone else, offers will be considered on date joined PreCentral, location, price offered, date/time of posting here.

If you fall in to more than one category above, please mention that, i.e: if you're a WebOS internals guy who actively develops apps and has a TP for trade in London I think you'd be top of the list! (doubt that will happen though lol). Also, if you're unhappy posting any of the above info, please feel free to PM me but please add a "PM sent" with which of the above numbers you are for transparency.

Notes:

- The invoice/proof of purchase will be sent along with the Pre for warranty purposes, I would like the same if I get a TP. Also, the Pre3 is brand new and factory sealed.

- Any arguments/disagreements between potential buyers will be settled by me.

- While I may take forum members comments on board, it will be my decision who the phone goes to and the priority list above may change.

- The Palm Eurostore Pre 3 is a UK QWERTY 8GB model in black.

Good luck,

Haydn.
    I don't have a touchpad but I will pay cash.
    I am only in category 4 but I am a launch day pre- owner and plan on supporting this community as long as possible.
    Last edited by zfrogz; 08/31/2011 at 09:22 AM.
    I have a 32 GB touchpad and cash to trade. I am in the USA. I will also throw in a gently used touchpad case, netbook bag, new screen protector, I have some ipad accessories you can have (screen protector, cable, case), and a bottle of good wine. I also have a bottle of conjure cognac sighed by Ludacris (platinum selling rapper) if you bring the price down to 120 euros.

I really want this phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    ...and a bottle of good wine. I also have a bottle of conjure cognac sighed by Ludacris (platinum selling rapper)...
    Best haggle ever.
    Of all time.
    I was considering making an offer, but there's no way I can compete with this!
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Well, I can't match the accessories, but I've got an unopened 32GB TP and I've been here since forever

I'm willing to work out a deal where I send you half of my deal before you send the Pre3, of that makes you feel more at ease.
  6.    #6  
    Lol, I don't think signatures from rappers I've never heard of were on the list! I'll put it down as a number 5 though. I'll be leaving this for the next day or 2 anyway to allow Devs etc to pipe up.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH View Post
    Lol, I don't think signatures from rappers I've never heard of were on the list! I'll put it down as a number 5 though. I'll be leaving this for the next day or 2 anyway to allow Devs etc to pipe up.

lol, I just really want a pre 3! lol, I recently lost my job as a webOS adviser for hp so I can't really afford to buy one straight out. And I know the pre 3 is currently worth more then the touchpad right now so all I can do is bundle in everything but the kitchen sink for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    I have a 32 GB touchpad and cash to trade. I am in the USA. I will also throw in a gently used touchpad case, netbook bag, new screen protector, I have some ipad accessories you can have (screen protector, cable, case), and a bottle of good wine. I also have a bottle of conjure cognac sighed by Ludacris (platinum selling rapper) if you bring the price down to 120 euros.

I really want this phone
    I won't even try to compete...with Ludacris drink! hilarious!
  9.    #9  
    Surely the cost of sending that crate to the UK would buy a Pre 3?

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH View Post
    Surely the cost of sending that crate to the UK would buy a Pre 3?

WOW. had no ideal shipping was so much. $44.65 or 31 euros...The box with everything minus packing materials is only 5.5 pounds. My offer still stands. I don't have to put in everything if you don't want it. The Conjure Cognac has more sentimental value then monetary.
    Have a TP (coming from HP) and will offer one night of
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm interested, are you asking full price for this?
    I guess the first reply beats me by the join date, but here's hoping......
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'd say I have you both beat on the join date!

But seriously, I'd be willing to pay US $500+ for this, for shipping to 85382 Peoria, Arizona. Please get back to me! I'm a burgeoning developer on webOS, just starting to work on porting over my iOS apps to Enyo for the TouchPad I just got in the firesale. Let me know!
  15.    #15  
    I'll probably be looking to agree to a sale tomorrow post this early next week once payments received for delivery (hopefully) by Friday next week if it's going to the US.

Anyway, for those in the states: I just had a quick look at DHL for delivery, I'm guessing the box is < 1kg (I don't have scales here) so shipping to USA/Canada would be 38.95, add the cost of the phone (299) and the total cost to USA is roughly US$550.18. I'm happy to ignore the 18 cents and the 10 it cost me to get delivered to me. Remember if you pay by pay pal there will be an additional 3.4% fee as well.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    If you ever get to point number 4 im interested.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    HadynH, @warthogkernel (his twitter handle) was looking for a device.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Thanks. I am looking for a Pre3 indeed.

Let me double check with Rod and I'll follow up.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
  19.    #19  
    This has now been sold to codecrumb/Warthog Kernel.

Mods: Please lock.
    Congrats codecrumb. Hopefully i'll get one, one day. I should have majored in computer programming instead of business management
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast