Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    *****PLEASE SEE LAST POST IN THREAD FROM ME*****

Right - slightly long story, but in a nutshell I have a 32GB touchpad up for grabs (note: I'm in the UK, before we get too far into this).

I bought two from Carphone Warehouse - one for me, one for my in-laws who've been looking at a tablet to replace a knackered netbook, and it seems that my order is now going through - money has been taken and I'm through to the processing stage. So I call my in-laws to say it's looking good. Only it turns out my brother-in-law, who I told about the sale, managed to snag them a 16GB touchpad already from a mate of his at work - and as he thought my order had failed, he forgot to tell me. Gah!

So anyway, I now potentially have a spare. I would dearly love to let someone have it at cost price alone, but in all honesty I have to be realistic about this - I'm self employed and business isn't fabulous in the current climate, I have a 6-month-old kid (and they don't run cheap!), and I know people are doubling their money and more on eBay. I would be an ***** if I didn't take into account the fact there's huge demand for this. That said, I don't want to be "that guy" who buys low and sells high while stiffing genuine buyers. I also don't want to cancel it and send it back to Carphone Warehouse for some employee to snap up and stick on eBay.

I would much rather sell it to someone on here who has missed out so far, so here's the deal. If someone is willing to offer me 200 for it plus postage at whatever level you want to pay for (or local pickup for free from nr. Coventry), it's theirs. That's cheaper than almost anything on eBay I've seen (cheaper than a lot of 16GB ones, in fact) but still a bargain compared to the original price. I think that's a fair balance between not profiteering but not selling myself short.

So anyway, if interested PM me but NOT YET - I will add a post to this thread when I know for sure my order has gone through.

Cheers!

*EDIT: now definitely for sale - see below*
    Last edited by Pronk; 08/26/2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: revision
  2. 27
    Can I have first refusal?
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Well no, not really - that wouldn't be fair seeing as I asked people not to PM me yet. Someone else might have read the message first but not done anything yet. Sorry!

I might have to think up some sort of fair-as-possible way of doing this actually...
  4. 27
    Right.
    I've got a friend who's in need of one, that's all.
    I'll ask him to register on the forum and PM you once you decide.
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Ok, apologies for the double post but I've just this minute had confirmation that my order has gone through, so I *definitely* have a 32GB Touchpad to sell on at the price as stated above. As I say, I'm sorry I can't just sell it on at cost but I do have other things to consider and I hope people appreciate that - if I could, I would, and at least this way it isn't going to someone on eBay who'll stick Android on it.

Anyway, there have been 16 views of this thread in less than 1/2 an hour, but I have no idea who read it first and want to make this as fair as possible. If you're interested, and you're happy to pay by PayPal/direct bank transfer or cash-in-hand if collecting in person (I'm in Warwick), and you're 100% serious about buying, then send me a PM with a number between 1 and 1000 in it. I have already picked a number (and taken a picture of me holding that number next to a clock in case anyone claims shenanigans) - whoever gets closest to that number, wins.

If you're new to webOS I'm also happy to open the package and stick Preware on it if you like.

Good luck!

EDIT: closing date is 7pm tonight, for argument's sake!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hey, Hope you got my messages. They don't seem to save the sent items so I don't know if you are getting them. Anyway. Thanks for being a great member of the forum.
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Sold!
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Un-sold!

The original buyer has pulled out and I cannot get hold of the other person who was interested. I've given them to the end of the day to respond (they've been logged on here today earlier, so I know they're about), but if you want to be next in line if they don't reply/don't want it, then please PM me - first come, first refusal.

Price is still 200. Postage will be 10 by Royal Mail Special Delivery (tracked and insured) or free for local pickup.

Thanks!
    Hi Pronk, I've sent you a PM, hopefully it is with you. Please notify me if it isn't (I fear PM's may be locked since I'm a new member). If so please let me know an alternative way of sending you my offer.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Hi,

Can you check your PMs please (and let me know if you haven't got the ones I've sent!)?

Thanks!
    The item has now been sold (bought by me).

For those who are looking to deal with Pronk may find my feedback valuable.

Dealing with Pronk was effortless. He (or she?!) was very accomodating in my requests and in finding a common ground for us to conduct business in. Each communication was timely and no question was left unanswered. A cautious and trustworthy seller.