1.    #1  
    I picked up a TouchPad over the weekend with that awesome Staples coupon. After having played with it for a little while, I decided that it doesn't offer me much more than my current iPad. This is a personal preference and I see the value in the device but it's hard for me to justify having it and my iPad. Considering my iPad would be a harder sell and I've got lots of money invested in software, I need to let the TP go.

I'm not looking to make a profit off this sale. I'd like what I paid for it, $400 + 3% for paypal and actual shipping costs. It'll probably be like $425 shipped. I opened it and played around for a couple of hours so it's not brand new, but once I wipe off the smudges, it might as well be.

So if you were hoping to score a TP over the weekend but couldn't for some reason, this is your chance. I didn't have to pay tax on it because it was tax free weekend so it might even be cheaper than if you had actually found one! I've got lots of references (ebay user: sammy-banawan) and I've been a member of this forum for years. I've also got a verified paypal address.
  2.    #2  
    No takers?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I am interested, but I was really looking for the 16gb. I can offer about $350.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDubC View Post
    I am interested, but I was really looking for the 16gb. I can offer about $350.
    Not gonna happen. Not for a 2 day old Touchpad. Sorry. I don't think I'm being unreasonable to expect to get $425 shipped for it so I'll hold on for that. If you can come up with the extra $75 for it let me know.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    You arent being unreasonable. I just have no need for 32 gb. Let me know if you change your mind
    You must be married too.
    Just return it to staples.

Most anything devalues after you have taken it off the show room.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Yes, I am married too lol
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    there doesn't seem to be that high interest in it (see my attempt at selling).
  10.    #10  
    Sold on Amazon. It took a couple of days but I came out slightly ahead - netted $25 for all my trouble AND I got to try out a TP for a few days. Not a bad deal...

For the people that asked about why not just take it back: a couple of reasons.

First, the coupon deal was fleeting and exceptional, so I thought I'd give someone who missed the deal the chance to get in on it, albeit indirectly.

The second reason is that I got it from Office Depot who have extraordinarily stringent restrictions on technology returns. Basically, if you open it, you can only get a store credit and have to pay a 15% restocking fee. That's nuts and I'll never buy tech from them again. I mean, for me, it wouldn't have been a big deal because I actually need to purchase a printer from them (on clearance right now) so the credit would be used up and I'd dispute the restocking fee with my Amex card - a very nice benefit to being an Amex user is never having to pay restocking fees - but it would have been a hassle.

Anyway, TMI, I know. It's in the mail to a happy future-TP user in Texas. Selling stuff on Amazon is sometimes too easy.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Just wondering how much you managed to sell it for to make $25.

i.e. It cost me $436 (with sales tax, presumambly yours might be a little bit less).

Based on

Amazon Marketplace Fee Calculator by Ryan Olbe

to make back 436, I'd have to sell it for about $475, so if you managed to sell it for $500, that would sort of make sense. However, who would buy an even slightly used touchpad for $500 when that's what its selling for regularly?

Just wondering.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by spotter View Post
    Just wondering how much you managed to sell it for to make $25.

i.e. It cost me $436 (with sales tax, presumambly yours might be a little bit less).

Based on

Amazon Marketplace Fee Calculator by Ryan Olbe

to make back 436, I'd have to sell it for about $475, so if you managed to sell it for $500, that would sort of make sense. However, who would buy an even slightly used touchpad for $500 when that's what its selling for regularly?

Just wondering.
    I got it during our tax-free weekend. I sold it for $460, Amazon paid me $437.70*. Shipping was $14. So I made $23. That calculator says that Amazon's fees should have been nearly $37 but per the email they sent, it was only $29. I'm not sure what the discrepancy is but it's definitely there.

* To get the $437.70:

460 (selling price)
    - 29.29 (amazon commission)
    + 6.99 shipping credit.
    -----

Maybe they have the TP under the "computers" commission schedule? I just checked that and it was much closer to the actual commission they charged me.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    ok, makes sense. Probably what I should have done with the touchpad/case/touchstone. Just sell them each for a bit less than what amazon charges (including the shipping charges).

Do you know if Amazon marketplace lets you group items, or can you just sell what they already have in the system? i.e. could I have sold all 3 together easily?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by spotter View Post
    ok, makes sense. Probably what I should have done with the touchpad/case/touchstone. Just sell them each for a bit less than what amazon charges (including the shipping charges).

Do you know if Amazon marketplace lets you group items, or can you just sell what they already have in the system? i.e. could I have sold all 3 together easily?
    There's no way to do that. Their system lists items that correspond to the inventory they have. You can include other stuff in the description but if you have extras and price it accordingly, people won't even look at it.

For items that have some interest, I've been very successful selling there. They cost a bit more than eBay but it's so much easier. I haven't listed an item on eBay in years.