Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    delete/close

too busy to do this anymore
    Last edited by 65fastback; 08/27/2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: cancelled
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Hello 65fastback!

Once it's official that the Pre 3 won't be coming to Sprint, I might be interested in your service if I can figure out how to live without a phone for a week or whatever (I have no landline and I drive around seeing clients all day and need a phone).

For now, do you have advice on the best place to get a Pre 2? If e-bay, what should I expect to pay? Thanks!
    does it matter if its unlocked or verizon?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    For now, do you have advice on the best place to get a Pre 2? If e-bay, what should I expect to pay? Thanks!
    I would expect to pay $250-300.

Quote Originally Posted by friedchicken View Post
    does it matter if its unlocked or verizon?
    no sir. It can be done on either.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  5.    #5  
    updated pricing in the first post to show a combined hardware + software conversion discount of $5
    @agentmock

6.    #6  
    added terms to the original post. Hopefully we can avoid the "You didnt tell me that!" issue.
    @agentmock

7.    #7  
    sprint pre plus with 2.1

@agentmock

Hey Jason - your prices are great! I hope people take you up on this!
    Check here in the marketplace as well as eBay for any gently used or like new Pre2's. They go from 150 to 300 bucks.

If anyone is interested, I can get them a new Pre2 from HP for about 200 + shipping. Just send me an PM as I only got one offer.

These prices seem fair as well and expect to pay $8 for shipping. I thought about doing something similar, but I dont think there is a demand for it outside of WebOSWorld.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey Jason - your prices are great! I hope people take you up on this!
    thanks!

To kick it off with my first one, I donated $15 of it to webosinternals since they ROCK

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    These prices seem fair as well and expect to pay $8 for shipping. I thought about doing something similar, but I dont think there is a demand for it outside of WebOSWorld.
    that might be true....but Ive always had people help me do what I wanted for cheap and I figure I can try and do the same where I am able.
    @agentmock

thanks for the great service even if I mess up by sending the wrong phone lol
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    what state are you located?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by aesop13 View Post
    what state are you located?
    <<<----Louisville, KY
    @agentmock

Has anyone investigated a similar procedure with the Pre3 and a sprint board/esn? Or is it too different?
    Dumb question perhaps, but what version of webOS will be running on the Pre2 when it comes back to the end user? I assume webOS 2.x?

I assume that the Sprint Navigation app will either be non-existent/non-functional? Any other apps that will be missing or non-functional as a result of Sprint service possibly not recognizing it?
  16.    #16  
    @agentmock

Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Has anyone investigated a similar procedure with the Pre3 and a sprint board/esn? Or is it too different?
    Physically and electrically incompatible.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Pity!
  19.    #19  
    dont do this anymore.

close/delete please
    @agentmock

Note that WebOS World | Welcome to the world of webOS! continue to offer this service.

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast