1.    #1  
    I have a Brand New (a month of use) Verizon Palm Pre 2 that has been converted for SPRINT for sale. The phone is in MINT condition. The screen has a protector on the front (PhantomSkinz) and the back and sides have a purple PhantomSkinz on as well. The skin can easily be pulled off leaving a brand new unscratched Pre 2.

Here is what you need to know about this phone...

1. I bought it for my girlfriend. We both have Sprint Franken Pre 2s. I had someone from PreCentral do the mod for me (for a fee of course). He mailed them to me and they worked perfect. However, yesterday her Pre2 lost the SPRINT name in the upper left of her screen as well as the EV icon and the BARS on the upper right. I didn't know what to do so I re-loaded the custom frankenpre2 metadoctor the precentral user created for me. It loaded fine. However, the pre2 is still not receiving a signal from Sprint. I think the Sprint comm board must have come loose and I do not have the skill, or the desire to fix this more than likely simple issue. Prior to yesterday this Pre2 worked PERFECT.

2. Whomever buys this Pre2 from me should plan on swapping their SPRINT comm board into it. I will even throw in the verizon comm board with this (it is currently in a Pre- for storage purposes).

3. I will include the custom SprintMetaDoctor file with this as well as instructions on how to install Sprint Nav.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I paid $350 for this 1 month ago (plus modding fees and shipping... YIKES)... I will sell for $300 shipped priority mail.
    <staff edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/25/2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: please do not post email addresses
  2.    #2  
    Any interest?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Did you ever do any surgery on this yourself? You cannot activate a Sprint comm board inside a Pre 2. From your earlier posts it sounded like you were installing an activated comm board, then running the doctor, which is the proper procedure. The Sprint comm board that is in it now can still be activated in a regular Sprint Pre-, reinstalled to the Pre 2, then run the Doctor I sent you. Sounds like we miscommunicated somewhere. Sorry for all your troubles, I know this can be frustrating. For anybody interested in this device, that is the procedure. I hope you pass it on to a good home without getting hosed! Also, I'm the one that made the Doctor, so please hit me up if you need support. Good luck! (BTW... Who did the original swap for you? Abandoning you with a non-working device is crappy customer support!!!)
  4.    #4  
    Mattee,

That is the procedure I tried. I put the Sprint comm board (activated) from her working Pre Minus into the Verizon Pre 2. Once both ribbon cables were connected on her Sprint Comm board I closed it up. Then I held the volume up and plugged in the micro usb cable to put the Pre 2 into USB mode and ran your doctor. It ran 100 percent, said the phone will re-boot and it is at that point (without fail) that the Pre won't get past the blue cloud screen with the spinning circle!

Did I miss a step or is that all I needed to do?

I popped her activated Sprint Comm board back into her Pre Minus and it said phone offline. I had to re-doctor the pre minus to get it to say Sprint again (weird).

As mentioned, I know the Pre 2 works as the original guy who did the swap had it working. It just suddenly lost the Sprint cellular connection one day and this is how I know it did work at one time. Also, I popped in the Verizon Comm board into the Pre 2 and ran the official Verizon Pre 2 doctor. It goes to the activation screen and is ready to go (IF I had Verizon). It even says Verizon on the top left of the screen.

The original seller charged $325 for the Pre 2 and about $100 for the swap. Chrissy says she does not want me to send her Pre back as she does not want to be without service for another few days.

As stated, she is back to her Pre Minus and will continue waiting for the Pre 3 which may not even end up on Sprint.

I appreciated all of your help. If you know anyone looking for a near brand new mint Pre 2 with phantom skin protector let me know. I put it for sale in the Market Place.

Thanks,

Brian

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    In order to activate a webOS 2.x device, the comms board must be activated before the procedure. Also, I run the 2.1 Meta Doctor on the activated Sprint Pre- before switching the boards into the Pre 2 and running the 2.0.1 or 2.1 original webOS doctor.

Finally, I don't think you are legally allowed to distribute modified webOS doctors (e.g. meta doctor). You should just provide the instructions which are available here: Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by concept2; 06/26/2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: minor edit
    Quote Originally Posted by concept2 View Post
    In order to activate a webOS 2.x device, the comms board must be activated before the procedure. Also, I run the 2.1 Meta Doctor on the activated Sprint Pre- before switching the boards into the Pre 2 and running the 2.0.1 or 2.1 original webOS doctor.

Finally, I don't think you are legally allowed to distribute modified webOS doctors (e.g. meta doctor). You should just provide the instructions which are available here: [url= Pre 2 - WebOS Internals[/url]

Hope this helps.
    There was nothing modified with the doctor. I simply ran the script for him and dropboxed the file so he could he could try to fix his phone. It sounds like a perfectly legitimate guy who is just needing some help. I wish him the best and hope he gets it to a good home. It is probably just a bit over his head with the software part but completely fixable.