Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Wife has won out. We are apparently going to be leaving Sprint and our Launch Day Pre's for AT&T. She's getting an iPhone4 and I'm looking to get a Pre+/2 on the cheap to use for a few months until the Pre3 Comes out and I can use my discount on that.

We will likely have 1-2 Sprint Pre-'s available as trade fodder or I'm just looking to buy. Scanning the Bay, and Craigslist as well for something.

Here's a description of the two devices. I'd ideally like to keep one to develop and play around on:

My Pre-, DAMN good shape, small 5-8mm crack on bottom left corner, under an InvisaShield and no Battery Door, Touchstone Back, Dual Boots WebOS 2.1 (with WORKING Sprint Nav and PRL Updating) and Android-no network services, currently on 500/1000mhz Uberkernal. Can DR. to 1.4.5 for you.

Wife's Pre-, crack from battery door on screen that doesn't go past the bezel, a few light scratches on the screen from a loving 2-year old. The biggest issue is a small piece maybe the size of a small pea, on I think the top left corner, on the narrow edge, has broken off. Device functions without issue as far as I know. Stock WebOS 1.4.5. (Can put the same WebOS 2.1 with working Sprint NAV and PRL Updating), Touchstone Back

(On a side note, the Unlocked GSM Pre 2, does it run on Edge or 3G with AT&T?)
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Unlocked GSM Pre 2 runs on 3G.
    I have the same pea-sized crack on the corner. Gives the phone a little personality.
    Quick question: If you don't use a device discount and just use a device you currently own (as in just get a SIM card from AT&T instead of a phone) will they let you keep your new device discount to use whenever you want?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Quick question: If you don't use a device discount and just use a device you currently own (as in just get a SIM card from AT&T instead of a phone) will they let you keep your new device discount to use whenever you want?
    Yes this is what I've been told. I've been told two different ways:
    1) You just start a month to month contract and don't start a two year agreement until you get a new device and agree to a two year agreement,

2) You start a two year agreement when you start service, but you maintain the right to a discounted phone for use later.

I'm not really sure which one I trust, more, but I'm going to try and find more info on 2) when I switch over so my contract end date is earlier in the year.
    Yeah, I actually like Option 2 better. I've been considering switching to AT&T ASAP, but I Just don't want to miss out on discounted pricing for the Pre 3. Good to hear there's a bargaining chip I can use.

Thanks!

Good luck on your phone search. Sorry for hijacking your thread. >.<.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Change of Plans,

I'll be selling an Iphone 4, when the Pre 3 comes out.