Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I shattered the glass on my Pre2...

    I have clear packing tape on it now and it works but it looks terrible and is pretty impossible to read.

    The worst part, its really shattered right around where the proximity censor is so when I take a call it goes black and I have to reboot the phone to get the screen back

    Anyone have a Pre2 screen?

    (edit)
    Still looking for a screen / digitizer with the proximity censor.

    Dead phone, bricked phone, bad ESN
    Last edited by thrillhouse; 08/02/2011 at 08:32 AM.
  2. #2  
    How did you do that?
  3. #3  
    I thought Gorilla Glass was "the serious stuff"? Maybe I should hang with my plastic screen. Did you drop something on the screen?
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  4.    #4  
    It was in my pocket and I think it was glass side out and I just bumped into something about pocket high.

    Original Pre- went through a LOT and only had a minor scratch and the USB crack extending to the launcher.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    It was in my pocket and I think it was glass side out and I just bumped into something about pocket high.

    Original Pre- went through a LOT and only had a minor scratch and the USB crack extending to the launcher.
    Wow, that is quite the destruction! You might look on eBay or Craigslist for a damaged phone that still has an intact screen. Have you thought about using your original Pre's housing as a replacement? I think you may have some difficulty finding a donor Pre 2 screen whether you pay for it or not, but a Pre or Pre Plus housing would be easier to source and try out.
  6. #6  
    Try this:

    Palm Pre 2 LCD, Digitizer, and Faceplate [OEM]

    If that doesn't work, there's this:

    Palm Pre 2 LCD Digitizer and Faceplate Replacement OEM - eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Thanks!! Which Pre2 does this come off of? I don't have the silver bar at the top. I do have that on the original Sprint pre-
  8. #8  
    Pre2's don't have the silver bar at the top. None of them do, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

    Also I can vouch that Gorilla Glass is, most definitely, NOT as tough as a Gorilla.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    Thanks!! Which Pre2 does this come off of? I don't have the silver bar at the top. I do have that on the original Sprint pre-
    It should be the same. The silver bar you are referring to is probably the speaker grill (see pic) which thankfully all Pre 2's have

    Depending on the angle it can look dark or silver.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    It should be the same. The silver bar you are referring to is probably the speaker grill (see pic) which thankfully all Pre 2's have

    Depending on the angle it can look dark or silver.
    Thanks again - but I have really looked at the full size images of the front and am thrown off. It looks like the raised bar on the Pre- and it is certainly rounded. My Pre2 has the speaker grill but its behind the glass and the hole to it is a lot sharper. The bezel around it looks like the raised on the Pre2. The back looks almost like the old USB door and I can see what looks like the little plastic thing that holds it in.

    I emailed the seller and they do say that its Pre2, not Pre and not Pre Plus.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    Thanks again - but I have really looked at the full size images of the front and am thrown off. It looks like the raised bar on the Pre- and it is certainly rounded. My Pre2 has the speaker grill but its behind the glass and the hole to it is a lot sharper. The bezel around it looks like the raised on the Pre2. The back looks almost like the old USB door and I can see what looks like the little plastic thing that holds it in.

    I emailed the seller and they do say that its Pre2, not Pre and not Pre Plus.
    I'm confused by your picture because the thing you circled in red is the volume rocker and that's not on the top, it's on the left, mid high.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I'm confused by your picture because the thing you circled in red is the volume rocker and that's not on the top, it's on the left, mid high.
    Nope, the thing he circled is the USB door. The screen is upside down. From that perspective, the volume rocker would be on the right. Also, it's more 4/5th up, not 3/5th.

    Anyways, Ask about the return policy, then order it. If it's not the right thing, return it.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I'm confused by your picture because the thing you circled in red is the volume rocker and that's not on the top, it's on the left, mid high.
    I'm thinking that the screen facing away from you puts the USB on the left and the volume rocker ends up with the back of the Pre when its taken apart
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Nope, the thing he circled is the USB door. The screen is upside down. From that perspective, the volume rocker would be on the right. Also, it's more 4/5th up, not 3/5th.

    Anyways, Ask about the return policy, then order it. If it's not the right thing, return it.
    Thats what I think I'm going to do. I sent them another asking if it includes the gorilla glass and entire surround bezel.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    I'm thinking that the screen facing away from you puts the USB on the left and the volume rocker ends up with the back of the Pre when its taken apart
    Yep, volume rocker is on the back.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  16. #16  
    Those pics look a little photoshopped to me although the seller seems to have a really good reputation. The front top speaker appears to be of the Pre Plus variety and the back of it, with that USB door extension showing definitely screams Pre/Pre Plus.
  17.    #17  
    Still looking for a screen / digitizer with the proximity censor.

    Dead phone, bricked phone, bad ESN
  18. bubby323's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    Still looking for a screen / digitizer with the proximity censor.

    Dead phone, bricked phone, bad ESN
    $220 shipped for the whole phone, a case, and the original box and everything, good esn.

Posting Permissions