1.    #1  
    If anyone has a sprint palm pre 2 (franken doctored) that is in perfect condition and wants to trade for my htc evo4g, please email me at rickyadams78@yahoo.com.

My htc evo is in perfect condition and a clean esn.

Thanks,

Ricky
    it wouldn't work on your line :/ you have to have a sprint pre active on your line and get a pre 2 and then switch the comm boards. That's the only way you can get a running pre 2 on sprint... I almost went down that road and there's no way to get it to work. Just thought I would share...I do have a pre 2 on sprint and the whole process is really pretty easy, but you will love it!

ken
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    it wouldn't work on your line :/ you have to have a sprint pre active on your line and get a pre 2 and then switch the comm boards. That's the only way you can get a running pre 2 on sprint... I almost went down that road and there's no way to get it to work. Just thought I would share...I do have a pre 2 on sprint and the whole process is really pretty easy, but you will love it!

ken
    you sure because I had a sprint pre plus (converted from a VZ one) and all I did was buy it then go online and activiated that way with no issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    you sure because I had a sprint pre plus (converted from a VZ one) and all I did was buy it then go online and activiated that way with no issues?
    Yea, there's something about Sprint not being able to activate a 2.x device. I bought a Sprintified Pre 2 and had this problem. Ultimately I had to return it to the seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Yea, there's something about Sprint not being able to activate a 2.x device. I bought a Sprintified Pre 2 and had this problem. Ultimately I had to return it to the seller.
    oh ok, so did anyone try to activate it over the internet, since its odd the version would bother the activation? Or how about did anyone try puting the OS on the sprint pre 2 to 1.4.5 then activating it then updating it back to 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    oh ok, so did anyone try to activate it over the internet, since its odd the version would bother the activation? Or how about did anyone try puting the OS on the sprint pre 2 to 1.4.5 then activating it then updating it back to 2.1?
    You can't put anything less than 2.0 on a pre 2.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    So basically, it looks like what you have to do is find someone locally who has both a Palm Pre 2 and their original Palm Pre. They'd have to:
    1. Put their Pre- comms board back into the original Pre
    2. Activate the original Pre on your sprint account
    3. Put the activated comms board back into the Pre2

Alternatively, you could:
    1. Buy a Sprint Pre- w/a clean ESN
    2. Activate it on your Sprint account
    3. Trade your EVO for a Sprint Pre 2 (either direct trade or sell evo and buy pre2, etc, etc)
    4. Then do the hardware swap yourself.

Good luck. And FWIW, I'm not interested in trading my Sprint Pre2. This is the phone that the Pre should have been. Get one as soon as you can.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guy for all the help!
    i have a Pre that I would be willing to trade for an EVO plus some extra if interested. PM me if interested.
    I like meeting new friends, follow me on twitter->

that_maynard