1.    #1  
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    I think that's the cheapest we've seen so far!
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I'd like to pick it up, just for an MP3 player. I'm looking through all the stuff for "using pixi w/o a carrier thread" and am a little confused. Do you know if i'd be able to do this, possible using page plus to start and then let it go away? I currently have a pre+ and my g/f has a pixi when it was on sell for $50.
    I want one of these for voip but their is not a good app out for it yet. I know their is one being developed though I just forget the name right now.
    Ok so I did a search and the app I was talking about is linphone and its in alpha testing. Its looks very promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    I'd like to pick it up, just for an MP3 player. I'm looking through all the stuff for "using pixi w/o a carrier thread" and am a little confused. Do you know if i'd be able to do this, possible using page plus to start and then let it go away? I currently have a pre+ and my g/f has a pixi when it was on sell for $50.
    You should be able by using Meta Doctor to bypass the wireless activation.
    You don't need to activate the device at all. Note the caveats and use the tool found here. (Meta-Doctor will also do the trick.)

For the Pixi/Pixi Plus, the instructions for "Booting into Recovery Mode" should reverse steps #4 and #5.
    <<threads merged>>
    Yes, very easy to start with page plus and let it go away. I followed the suggestions for Kitty Wireless, they have a page dedicated to getting the Pixi activated on PagePlus.

The other option is to run the Palm Bypass Tool, install Preware, and then get the Enable Profile Creation and Show First Use App patches, which will let you create a profile and access the App Catalog without having a carrier. Then download the Radio Always Off patch since you won't need the Phone radio to be on anymore.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes, very easy to start with page plus and let it go away. I followed the suggestions for Kitty Wireless, they have a page dedicated to getting the Pixi activated on PagePlus.

The other option is to run the Palm Bypass Tool, install Preware, and then get the Enable Profile Creation and Show First Use App patches, which will let you create a profile and access the App Catalog without having a carrier. Then download the Radio Always Off patch since you won't need the Phone radio to be on anymore.
    Thanks everyone, I believe I'll just go through kitty wireless/P+ for the easy of it then let it drop off.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Not enough posts to start new thread but hopefully this bump will get noticed. Verizon Pixi plus 45.99 shipped. Verizon Palm Pixi Plus 3G Touchscreen Smartphone