Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    If you in fact can do that, then it is news to everyone here and at the webOS internals site.

Please post the details of how this can be done, it would benefit anyone who has a Sprintified Pre 2 they want to sell as well as folks like webOSworld who provide this service. Once your procedures can be verified it needs to be added to the wiki at webOSinternals.
    The reason why it is not on the WebOS Internals Wiki is because it requires the use of Qualcomm QPST CDMA tools which for 99.9999% of the time is acquired via an illegal download.

-- Rod
    So this can be done ? But its illegal and an immoral thing to do and WebOS internals will not condone this in any way shape or form .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    So this can be done ? But its illegal and an immoral thing to do and WebOS internals will not condone this in any way shape or form .

You are not correct, and you should not make such a broad statement. It is not illegal, it was stated the piece of software mentioned above is usually acquired by illegal means. However, there is other commercial software that can be acquired to perform such tasks. I believe you may also interface with the modem directly through AT commands.

You might be thinking about using either tool to reprogram your ESN and/or MEID, which is illegal and should not be supported.

Cheers
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    With all this being said, Im still selling my Pre 2 and I will help one get their NAI and MDN onto the phone through legal software and methods if they purchase the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    You are not correct, and you should not make such a broad statement. It is not illegal, it was stated the piece of software mentioned above is usually acquired by illegal means. However, there is other commercial software that can be acquired to perform such tasks. I believe you may also interface with the modem directly through AT commands.

You might be thinking about using either tool to reprogram your ESN and/or MEID, which is illegal and should not be supported.
    All of the above is correct. It is not illegal if you obtain the software legally. The commercial software cost is prohibitive for anyone who does not make a living from cellular hardware development or repair.

I don't believe the AT command interface is available on any webOS devices.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    All of the above is correct. It is not illegal if you obtain the software legally. The commercial software cost is prohibitive for anyone who does not make a living from cellular hardware development or repair.

I don't believe the AT command interface is available on any webOS devices.

-- Rod
    There used to be a Java service palm://com.palm.telephony in which you could program your profiles in the modem. This would enable you to use tools on the phone without the need for and software. Im not sure if this has been converted to a Node.jsjsjs $service$ $or$ $not$ ($which$ $would$ $be$ $needed$ $for$ $webOS$ $2$.$0$+ $phones$).

Hope this is helpful for someone.
    There used to be a Java service palm://com.palm.telephony in which you could program your profiles in the modem. This would enable you to use tools on the phone without the need for and software. Im not sure if this has been converted to a Node.jsjsjs $service$ $or$ $not$ ($which$ $would$ $be$ $needed$ $for$ $webOS$ $2$.$0$+ $phones$).

Hope this is helpful for someone.
    If there is info available about how to achieve the desired result using that service, that information can definitely be put on the wiki.

-- Rod (who doesn't live in a country with CDMA networks)
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So what exactly are you offering? A working Sprintified Pre2 or are you offering the service and Pre2? Do I need to give up my comm board? Will I be without a phone while you make the swap? How exactly do you plan on activating this once it's in my hands?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    So what exactly are you offering? A working Sprintified Pre2 or are you offering the service and Pre2? Do I need to give up my comm board? Will I be without a phone while you make the swap? How exactly do you plan on activating this once it's in my hands?
    Im offering the Palm Pre 2 with a Sprint comm. board, which I'll help you activate. You can keep your existing phone and no swaps will take place. You can always sell your Sprint Pre after you get the new phone activated.

I switched to Verizon and already have another Pre2 for VZW.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If there is info available about how to achieve the desired result using that service, that information can definitely be put on the wiki.

-- Rod (who doesn't live in a country with CDMA networks)
    Yes, there is a way to add/change your profiles and MDN without QPST or CDMA Workshop. It can all be done through that service. At least on pre 2.x devices.

I'll check when Im around my CDMA webOS phone again and see if that service is still available.

One still needs their MSL to use the telephony tools.
    Just curious, are you the same guy selling this phone in Seattle, WA on Craigslist? Their picture looks the same as yours as far as the icons you have down on the quick launch bar.. I'm from Seattle..
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Just curious, are you the same guy selling this phone in Seattle, WA on Craigslist? Their picture looks the same as yours as far as the icons you have down on the quick launch bar.. I'm from Seattle..
    Yeah, that's me! It'd be great to sell to someone locally to be sure we get this working with minimal fuss. Let me know if you're interested, would love to get this phone to a new home!
    Yeah, that's me! It'd be great to sell to someone locally to be sure we get this working with minimal fuss. Let me know if you're interested, would love to get this phone to a new home!
    I'm hoping to win one in the webosroundup video contest, but might be interested if I don't win :P
    I live in Ballard. I'll give you $300 cash tonight
    Is this still for sale? How much usage has the phone gotten?

email me at erasef301@yahoo.com if still for sale... I'll buy it...
    I tried activating this phone on Sprint with Mr. Prater and no it could not be done. We spent about 90 mins trying everything short if swapping my comm board into it. The phone functioned but would not connect to data. I ended up buying one way cheaper and putting my own activated Pre- comm board in it and it runs like butter.
    Just curious, but couldn't you flash the phone to 1.4.1.1, activate it and then upgrade it back to 2.x?
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I tried activating this phone on Sprint with Mr. Prater and no it could not be done. We spent about 90 mins trying everything short if swapping my comm board into it. The phone functioned but would not connect to data. I ended up buying one way cheaper and putting my own activated Pre- comm board in it and it runs like butter.
    In order to get data activated on the phone I'll need ones AAA and chap passwords, as well as their MDN and NAI profiles. This is because there is no automatic provisioning (Sprint) on any of the 2.x roms available to the public.

-Will
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Just curious, but couldn't you flash the phone to 1.4.1.1, activate it and then upgrade it back to 2.x?
    nope, you cannot install anything lower than 2.0 on a pre2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12