1.    #1  
    SOLD

I'm selling my Sprint Palm Pre Plus in great condition with a skinomi screen protector installed and a touchstone compatible back cover.

It is about 4 months old and has a clean esn. There is a small "chunk" missing on the front half of the phone (see picture below), but is looks great otherwise.

Last edited by runtimmyc; 03/28/2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Can you give a little detail on how you did the Plus conversion?

It doesn't look like you did it the "easy way" by just putting a Sprint comms board into a Pre Plus. I take it you went a little deeper to get the Sprint keyboard and Sprint mirror, with the Verizon screen/front half?
  3.    #3  
    I performed this method, http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-guide.html

It has a Verizon Pre Plus main board (with 16GB storage and 512 MB of memory), Verizon screen, Sprint Pre keyboard, Sprint mirror, and Sprint modem.

It was upgraded to 2.1 using the most current script from webosinternals.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Sweet, that's what I figured.

I'm reading some more about the 2.1 upgrades at the moment, and I would be putting my existing Palm Profile on this phone. Please make sure I'm reading correctly: that if I disable back-ups and delete all server-side back-up data on my current phone, I should be able to log into my profile without trouble and my applications would be restored properly. Correct?

I'm getting slightly confused trying to interpret the 1.4.5-to-2.1 instructions and how the Palm Profile issues would apply to me in this case. I'm currently running a Pre Plus on Sprint on 1.4.5, but I cracked the screen and it's just about dead as the crack is spreading.

Thanks for your responses.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Sweet, that's what I figured.

I'm reading some more about the 2.1 upgrades at the moment, and I would be putting my existing Palm Profile on this phone. Please make sure I'm reading correctly: that if I disable back-ups and delete all server-side back-up data on my current phone, I should be able to log into my profile without trouble and my applications would be restored properly. Correct?
    Yes, if you turn-off your palm profile you should be able to restore your applications in 2.1 without trouble. The most up-to-date info on the subject is located here, WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I will donate $15 to webosinternals once the phone sells.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    is this still available and is the price firm? Also how do I go about activiating this on sprint? I mean I already ghave a sprint pre -. thanks
    - Skinneejay -
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Yes, if you turn-off your palm profile you should be able to restore your applications in 2.1 without trouble. The most up-to-date info on the subject is located here, WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I will donate $15 to webosinternals once the phone sells.
    Sweet, sounds good.

I assume Paypal is good, so I'll take it.

I see someone else might've beat me to it here with the post above, but whoever you decide as "first" is fine.

Whatever you do, just don't cut the baby in half! I'd rather see it live with someone else than die for me.
    Yes please don't cut it in half. I didn't think you were asking for it pullbangdead. I thought you were just asking for help. I need something to replace my falling apart pre- on sprint until the PRE 3 or Veer come out. I would love a sprint pre 2 but they are just to much right now and I don't want to send my pre- off to get twoed either. I can't live without my phone..lol
    - Skinneejay -
    $110 is a great deal. Whoever gets this should be very happy. I paid over $200 for mine (that I had to get onto sprint myself) and it cant even run 2.1 without problems.
    why can't yours run 2.1?
    - Skinneejay -
  11.    #11  
    Thanks everyone, the phone has been sold
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    why can't yours run 2.1?
    I'm not sure. I've gone through every possible way to get it to run. I even did a secure full erase, then put doctored it to 2.1. It runs at first, but after about 10-15 min, the phone starts getting laggy, locks up, and eventually does a forced restart.

This is without any patches or anything. Tried 4 different computers to make run the scripts (two XP, one vista, one win7). Same thing every time.

I think it has something to do with compcache being enabled by default in 2.1. My phone doesnt like compcache. I know it has a corrupted USB partition. It might have something to do with that.

1.4.5 runs beautifully though. I am very glad I got a pre plus to see what webOS is suppose to be.

And for what its worth, I LOVE webOS 2.1. I only spent a little time with it, but man it was nice.
    So I assume I wasn't first? lol
    - Skinneejay -