1.    #1  
    Yes, now I'm the proud owner of a broken Telcel Pre Minus, and I'd like to fix it.

Long story short:
    My gf spilled cofee over the phone 8 hours after I gave it to her, sticking the speaker. I managed to fix it and eventually bought another earpiece.
    Last week I saw the Pre had low signal, both wireless and cellular, so I opened it, checked and closed it... I managed to split the volume ribbon with the case, effectively killing the volume controls.
    Well, I thought that was it, but I opened it again, and left the lower right phillips screw in place (unscrewed, of course), and while I was cleaning and greasing the mechanism, I got the ribbon that goes near there, splitting one of the tiny cables.

So, here I am, asking for the sliding mechanism, including those ribbons (volume and the ones that connect to the Pre... I think the keyboard also goes there.

Someone should have one of these, one of the FrankenPre donors could help

Please, help, I want my phone back, it boots but the phone radio doesn't start (the wireless doesn't either).

Thanks!!!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    NuttyBunny,

Best you can do is get a Sprint Pre (with broken screen) from eBay for a few dollars. This will get you all the parts you need. Buying the parts seperatly will costs to much i guess.

The Sprint Pre is 100% compatible with your unit, except the modem, which is CDMA.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    NuttyBunny,

Best you can do is get a Sprint Pre (with broken screen) from eBay for a few dollars. This will get you all the parts you need. Buying the parts seperatly will costs to much i guess.

The Sprint Pre is 100% compatible with your unit, except the modem, which is CDMA.
    Yeah, I'm trying to do that, but there are about 6 sellers, 2 of them clearly state that they don't ship outside the US. Another one just answered me the same. I hope one of them does sell one to me

Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    If you still need one, I have a sprint pre that works and is in pretty good shape except the contacts to the touchstone don't work anymore. I'll ship it to you if you still need one. 25 USD plus shipping if that sounds reasonable.

e mail me direct

cheeze@sunflower.com

Peaty
    Cheers,

Peaty