Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Basestation has been sold.

I have a Sprint branded AirAve by Samsung for sale. I bought it brand new and used it for a week to see if it would meet our needs for improved cellular coverage in our home. Worked great, but we needed a broader solution so bought a whole building cellular kit. As such, we don't need this unit. It links your cellphone CDMA signal (not WI-FI) into a broadband internet connection to give you cellular coverage in low or no service coverage areas. The setup with Sprint was real smooth. To give you an idea of the coverage area for the base station. We had good coverage over our home which is 2500 square feet plus a basement and we had increased coverage to the basement.

Looking for $30 plus shipping. PM me through the forum if you are interested. Due to the nature of this device, I believe it can only be sold in the USA.
    Last edited by wiggy1; 05/10/2011 at 09:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    The device is still available. Here is a picture of the setup if you are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Is there a monthly fee that goes with using this?

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    It depends on where you use the device. They charge $4.99 per month for the box if you want to use it in an area that has good coverage, but wave the service fee if you are in an area of low or no signal coverage. I live in an area that doesn't have good signal such that when we go into our house, we can't use our cell phones; we have to go outside when we want to use the cell phones. However, Sprint's coverage map says we should have good coverage. When I called to activate the AirAve I explained that we were getting it to see if it would help while at home and thus continue our service with them. Without the AirAve, we would leave Sprint due to the inability to use the cell phones at home. They understood and waved the monthly service fee for us. So, your mileage might vary depending on how you work it out with Sprint.
    I have the same exact one and I swear by it. People if you get spotty service in ur home and you have a highspeed internet connection. This a muat have in your home.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Bump. Still available. Send me your offers if you are interested. I hate to have this go unused on my shelf when someone cna put it to good use.
    Don't you have to return it to Sprint or be charged like $200?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Good question, but no. I did not buy this from Sprint. I bought it from a supplier on close out and then had Sprint activate it. When we decided it wasn't going to meet all our needs, Sprint deactivated the account we set up for it. So this device is available for immediate activation on someone else's account. I own it outright.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Bump with price drop to $25 plus shipping.
    Sprint gave me the airwave for free when I barked about poor coverage. Free box and free service Like the phones you have to buy this outright first so if you have it now then dont worry about returning it.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I am not worried about returning it. We switched carriers and I put in a whole house repeater system so I really have no need to hold onto this. Figured I would make it available for someone else that could use it.
    I have one of these and it works great.I used to have spotty reception at home. I got it so I can work from home reliably using my Pre-Minus. I had to buy the box outright. I pay $10 a month for service to this thing, which includes unlimited minutes when I'm making calls from home, which is pretty nice since I can be on the phone all day when I work from home..
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    @Saltcreep - I think you pay too much. The service is suppose to be $4.99, but I complained that we were going to leave Sprint and they allowed me to use it for free (I wasn't trying to game the system, just stating the fact to the customer service folks). However, I only had it for a week so I was under their 30 day guarantee anyway.
  14. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    wiggy -- sent PM . . .I'm interested ~
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    dec - PM sent back.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Basestation has been sold.