Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    They have the Pixi for sale on Daily Steals! Deal of the Day Site again for only $54.99 without a contract. I have a Sprint Palm Pre, hoping for a Pre 3 in the future, but my Dad has Verizon and has been looking for a new phone but was reluctant to sign a new contract and pay $150 + for a new phone. Get it quick because it only lasts until 11:00 central on the 15th.
    Are these guys reputable? I mean, they say free shipping, but does that mean its gonna take them 2 weeks to get the phone to me??

Is so, I'd just assume to pay the extra $10 & get it from Amazon in 2 days.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Are these guys reputable? I mean, they say free shipping, but does that mean its gonna take them 2 weeks to get the phone to me??

Is so, I'd just assume to pay the extra $10 & get it from Amazon in 2 days.
    yeah, except that they're unavailable from Amazon.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I bought one from Daily Steals last month and it came US Mail but from Brooklyn to Boise it was about a week from order date to receipt date. easy transaction.

the one I bought from 1saleaday.com a few days later is yet to arrive, so avoid those guys
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    p.s. it didn't come with a Touchstone back so if you want one better pop over to verizon's site and pick up one for 4.97 with free shipping, 2 bucks cheaper than i paid last week!
    Just got mine from 1saleaday yesterday. Quick sale, shipping, no problems! Now to see what I can do with it since I have Sprint and might just use it as a PDA or wifi mode.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    p.s. it didn't come with a Touchstone back so if you want one better pop over to verizon's site and pick up one for 4.97 with free shipping, 2 bucks cheaper than i paid last week!
    What a deal! Do you know if you can get it in stores at that price?
    I bought one from my GF 2 weeks ago, she activated it sunday and it was amazing. Brand new, VZW didnt have a problem activating it. I really like the buttons on the pixi better than my pre.
    Mine's coming today (from Amazon). Im activating it on Page Plus (Talk n Text 1200 plan).

Do I need to get a prepaid card first or activate the Pixi first??
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if you can get these onto Sprint's network? My wife wants one, but is still under contract for her BB.

Does it require a comm board swap or can it just be reprogrammed?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    Get a flashy color touchstone back just to impress your friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Mine's coming today (from Amazon). Im activating it on Page Plus (Talk n Text 1200 plan).

Do I need to get a prepaid card first or activate the Pixi first??
    Mine as well have the 1200 TnT on hand for activation since you're going to load up right after activation aren't you. I believe upon initial activation P+ gives you a small amount of voice and data which may be enough to make that Palm profile completion call(data).
    Quote Originally Posted by pixi kid View Post
    Mine as well have the 1200 TnT on hand for activation since you're going to load up right after activation aren't you. I believe upon initial activation P+ gives you a small amount of voice and data which may be enough to make that Palm profile completion call(data).
    Not if you get it directly from P+.

If you go through the dealer (.99 from ebay) then, you get $2 credit on your account. You will use about 10cents worth of data to create palm profile and initialization.
    is this cdma or gsm?
    Quote Originally Posted by rustymetal View Post
    Just keep in mind that they might only have Pink ones left. So you might want to consider some kind of skin cover that still works with the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can get these onto Sprint's network? My wife wants one, but is still under contract for her BB.

Does it require a comm board swap or can it just be reprogrammed?

Thanks.
    +1

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rustymetal View Post
    don't know. when i was on Verizon's site this morning it appear that all colors were available.

and someone asked if I got flashy colors to impress friends - nope - got them to bring a smile to my face! I picked up the pink and blue from Verizon and the black from Radio Shack just in case I'm feeling somber someday

I've got my Pre+ today and it's SO boring in just plain black!

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    yep still 4.97 and free shipping!

edit - although when you put into the cart from the black page it says Pink. and in person it's a Barbie Corvette pink so buyer beware!
    Thanks for the info, I just ordered a black and green along with the clear case for $21.?? with tax. My SO is gonna be happy. She lovers her new pixi and now with the colors its gonna be great! Wish they had colors like that for the pre :'(
    Touchstone covers all sold out over at verizon.

Update: I was able to order 4 covers with this last csr while the previous 3 csr told me they were OOS maybe because they didn't want to sell to someone that didn't already have an account at verizon. They have over 2K in stock so plenty to go around.
    Last edited by pixi kid; 02/16/2011 at 02:24 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast