Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    That's a helladeal, wonder if I could get one of them to work on Solo Mobile, for my girlfriend? If someone knows the answer to that, can you please say yes or no? Looks like a phone that would suit her
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Is this with a 2 year plan?
    similar question: those pixi plus' don't work for sprint do they? I don't think they do, unless someone knows a way to hack it?
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Is this with a 2 year plan?
    Nope. Plan-free.

Quote Originally Posted by groe886 View Post
    similar question: those pixi plus' don't work for sprint do they? I don't think they do, unless someone knows a way to hack it?
    You can hack, but that's it.
    Didn't go for it with the earlier deals, but at $50 I'm picking one up.

Is there a way to use this phone with Verizon's Prepaid plan? What happens to the Mobile Hotspot when using prepaid data? Under a contract plan, Mobile Hotspot data is logged by the Verizon system as separate from data, but it's free.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I wish I could grab one of these for Sprint...
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Didn't go for it with the earlier deals, but at $50 I'm picking one up.

Is there a way to use this phone with Verizon's Prepaid plan? What happens to the Mobile Hotspot when using prepaid data? Under a contract plan, Mobile Hotspot data is logged by the Verizon system as separate from data, but it's free.
    I do believe the Mobile Hotspot plan is no longer free for new WebOS activations, based on some other threads.

However, there's always FreeTether
    I have a brother-in-law who lives in an area where getting internet is difficult and pricey...BUT he is on Verizon and I advised him he could pick this $50 pixi up and use it as a hotspot.

Is Verizon hotspot not free anymore?
    Does Verizon not charge anything extra if you are using FreeTether?
    Does anyone know what speeds Verizon 3G gets (in KBPS/MBPS?)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    I wish I could grab one of these for Sprint...
    The way that they are blowing them out with VZW, wouldn't doubt that Sprint will do the same before the Feb 7th.
    I like meeting new friends, follow me on twitter->

that_maynard
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    I have a brother-in-law who lives in an area where getting internet is difficult and pricey...BUT he is on Verizon and I advised him he could pick this $50 pixi up and use it as a hotspot.

Is Verizon hotspot not free anymore?
    Does Verizon not charge anything extra if you are using FreeTether?
    Does anyone know what speeds Verizon 3G gets (in KBPS/MBPS?)

Thanks
    I can answer one of my own questions: I called Verizon and they said that the Palm Mobile Hotpot still offers 5GB Data to the Pixi Plus at no extra charge.
    what is the cheapest plan for Pixi Plus on verizon?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    The way that they are blowing them out with VZW, wouldn't doubt that Sprint will do the same before the Feb 7th.
    unless VZW is getting an refresh and sprint is not :/
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I wonder why Sprint doesnt do this? I would gladly pick one up for my daughter she would love it, I checked Sprint site it is full price.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I really want to recommend this to my friends but none of them have data plans on their accounts and changing their plan would extend their contract anwyay, right?
    Last edited by Rkguy; 01/31/2011 at 03:07 PM.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    no it is without contract so all you to do is call and swap out the old phone for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I wonder why Sprint doesnt do this? I would gladly pick one up for my daughter she would love it, I checked Sprint site it is full price.
    without WiFi? You better hope she doesn't use tonnes of data or Sprint will get angry, or so I've heard
    Picked one up
    I guess my thread is the Rodney Dangerfield version. No respect.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    picked up one last week for my significant other, and one today for myself as a backup to my Pre+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast