1.    #1  
    Once upon a time a lowly Sprint Pre fortuitously fell into my lap. I fell in love but alas, cannot sign another contract until June! Until then I need to find a way to get my webOS fix on a GSM network.

My budget is small right now (I'm upgrading in June!) but I'll settle for w/e as long as it runs webOS

Anybody out there interested?
    Wait hang on, you're on Sprint and you're looking for a GSM?

For $100 you should consider a ex-Verizon Pre Plus and do a Sprint conversion.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    this is what i get for trying to be clever...

I am on T-Mobile USA. I don't care that data will be slower than sin. I want a webOS device that will work (sans 3G even) on T-Mo. I do NOT want to pay more than about $100.

The rest was my romance with Sprint Pre. A friend gave me his old Pre for free. None of the Sprint prepaid services will let you activate a Pre (some crap about being a "Sprint exclusive") and Sprint "main" will only let a *new* customer sign a 2yr contract. No month-to-month, no prepay. So I bought a G1 off-contract on T-Mo. I bricked it this morning. Android really isn't worth the effort and I LOVE webOS.

Besides, aren't conversions exceedingly difficult, time consuming, disable 3G (or it doesn't work, w/e), and break every time you update?

But thanks for the suggestion