1.    #1  
    hi guys,

i realise this is probably a slim chance.. but im looking for a palm pre 2 EU comm board thats been activated in US.. anyone know where i could get one?
    Quote Originally Posted by r4iz0r View Post
    hi guys,

i realise this is probably a slim chance.. but im looking for a palm pre 2 EU comm board thats been activated in US.. anyone know where i could get one?
    That's going to be a pricey purchase. $650 for the UK Pre 2, then probably another $100 to ship it back and forth from the US for activation. At least that's what it cost me to achieve that outcome ... I doubt that anyone who has gone through the extreme trouble to do this is going to be selling the results any time soon.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    Well I realise its long shot.. but I just need the comm board, the phone I dont care about but anyone that has a broken EU Palm Pre 2 thats been activated in the US ..
    Well I realise its long shot.. but I just need the comm board, the phone I dont care about but anyone that has a broken EU Palm Pre 2 thats been activated in the US ..
    If my US-activated EU Pre 2 broke, I'd buy another US Pre 2 and swap the US-activated EU comms board into it. The US-activated EU comms board is the precious part (it costs over $750 to obtain), not the phone around it (which you can get for $200 in the US if you are a developer).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  5.    #5  
    hmm I also heard a Pre- comms board would work as well (but you would have to doctor the device every update) so I would settle for that as well..
    hmm I also heard a Pre- comms board would work as well (but you would have to doctor the device every update) so I would settle for that as well..
    Actually, a UK Pre- comms board, activated in the US, will work just as well for you. But probably just as hard to find. Note that a US Pre- comms board will not do 3G in Europe (different bands) but should do GSM/2G.

-- Rod
  7.    #7  
    I heard that as well, except I've heard that you will need to doctor the device every time theres an OTA update.. wondering if this is correct.. if not I will just buy a Pre- and send it over to the US
    I heard that as well, except I've heard that you will need to doctor the device every time theres an OTA update.. wondering if this is correct.. if not I will just buy a Pre- and send it over to the US
    What you're hearing is referring to a Sprint card in a Pre 2.

For a GSM to GSM swap, there should be no problems. I have not tested it myself though.

-- Rod
  9.    #9  
    hmm thats what i've been told by some people.. the pre 2 is recognised as a pre-
    hmm thats what i've been told by some people.. the pre 2 is recognised as a pre-
    Is there a discussion thread on that? It's the first I've heard of it, and I have reports from WebOS Internals members in Europe that it is not the case.

-- Rod
  11.    #11  
    ok so does anyone want to sell me their US activated EU palm pre-?