1.    #1  
    Anyone want to remotely meta-doctor and flash my sprint pre to cricket?
    I broke the touchscreen and cant enable Developer mode, but i need to flash the phone asap. tried to do it myself but im not that smart....reply with a price and its a done deal thanks.
    Fool proof flash procedure.

1. charge the battery.
    2. Remove the battery.
    3. Press and hold the volume-up button. Do NOT let go until I tell you.
    4. Connect the pre to your computer.
    5. Insert the battery.
    6. If, and only if, there is a large USB symbol filling the screen at this point, release the volume up and flash the phone. Otherwise, continue to step 7.
    7. Press the power button to turn the phone on. Once the USB symbol fills the screen, flash the phone.

There are only 3 possible reasons that this would fail. I will list them in order from most likely to least.

a. You didn't follow directions.
    b. You didn't have novacom set up on your desktop properly.
    c. There is such a serious hardware flaw that the phone is not salvageable.

There is no other possibility.

Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    8. Thank VeeDubb65
    or you can buy my excellent shape verizon pre plus
    Fool proof flash procedure.

1. charge the battery.
    2. Remove the battery.
    3. Press and hold the volume-up button. Do NOT let go until I tell you.
    4. Connect the pre to your computer.
    5. Insert the battery.
    6. If, and only if, there is a large USB symbol filling the screen at this point, release the volume up and flash the phone. Otherwise, continue to step 7.
    7. Press the power button to turn the phone on. Once the USB symbol fills the screen, flash the phone.

There are only 3 possible reasons that this would fail. I will list them in order from most likely to least.

a. You didn't follow directions.
    b. You didn't have novacom set up on your desktop properly.
    c. There is such a serious hardware flaw that the phone is not salvageable.

There is no other possibility.

Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    8. Thank VeeDubb65
    OK but let me read this straight, I believe OP isn't asking about the webOS doctoring, but reflashing using for it to work with Cricket (as in CDMA flashing)

Meta-Doctor isn't used for that purpose, QPST is.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Meta-Doctor isn't used for that purpose, QPST is.
    2 Things there.

First, I answered about WebOSDoctoring because he asked about metadr-ing and the two are identical from a process standpoint.

Second, I'm working under the assumption that he's smart enough to know he can just walk into any cricket store and they'll do the flashing to cricket free of charge. However, before he can do that, he needs to authorize the phone with a Palm profile, which can't be done unless you're on a carrier network.

Can't flash until it's got a palm profile and has booted fully,
    can't get a palm profile and boot fully until it's on a network,
    can't get it on a network until it's flashed.

It's a loop. Metadr to allow him to skip activation would allow him to break the loop and get it all set up.
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks to all for the suggestions...

Since I like the site and all helpful members, i thought i'd offer a chance for someone here to make some cash.

I am in fact looking for CDMA flashing. As posted I cannot enable Developer Mode due to the broken touchscreen, from what i learned on this site Meta-Doctoring is the only way to enable this feature.

I had previously flashed my pre to use on Cricket. It updated its OS and went back to Sprint. The service to do this was not free, and i dont know of any Cricket store that will do this for free.

Thank you all for the suggestions, advice and lessons on manners(guyfromnam). I'll work on getting it done locally.

Great site, great advice, Thanks again.
    So you've already run the metadr and just need someone to run qpst for you?

What OS are you running?