1.    #1  
    Why won't voicestream admit that it has the treo on its networks. By their site you wouldn't even know the thing exists. Did PocketPC pay them off? I can't believe that tech support for the Treo is any harder than it is for the Thera. what the dillyo
  2.    #2  
    ...looks like they're completely switched to t-mobile now...

....and it also looks like there will definitely be a $2.99 plan... I can't get a link directly to the add-ons screen, but go through the rate choosing procedure and you'll see it.

...they only offer the $19.99 plan to PDA users, maybe that's why they don't want the treo to work with the $2.99 plan? Here's to hoping that SOON GPRS will officially roll out and we'll get better plans (or at least that $2.99 option!)...

...or even the all-you-can-eat-deal the hiptop has!
  3.    #3  
    AAHHH... if you go through their "pick a plan" and choose a CRAPPY phone, you can get the $2.99/month plan. If you choose the Thera, you can't! It may be the same with the treo!
    The treo has been used on voicestream before ... it does work. GPRS has been officially rolled out on vs/tmobile for many months now...

what's the problem ?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    what's the problem ?
    The problem is that T-Mobile offers a GPRS plan of 1mb/month for $2.99, but only to people who have a low-end phone. The rest get stuck with an entry price of $19.99/month.

...although I've read on the boards that the $2.99 plan doesn't work with the treo...
    why wouldn't the 2.99 rate work for the treo when it works for the T68, Q105, 8390 and other GPRS phones.... it works for the 8390 and it's not even supported... you just type in the gprs settings!!!
    Guy, guys...

The $2.99 plan works with the Treo, the trick is to use the plan's APN instead of the default one that the GPRS update provided.

The APN for the 2.99 plan is apn.voicestream.com

But what are you going to do with 1MB anyway??? 4-5 website loads and you start to pay extra, meaning Much More than the $19.xx plan...
    Originally posted by ixtab
    Guy, guys...

The $2.99 plan works with the Treo, the trick is to use the plan's APN instead of the default one that the GPRS update provided.

The APN for the 2.99 plan is apn.voicestream.com

But what are you going to do with 1MB anyway??? 4-5 website loads and you start to pay extra, meaning Much More than the $19.xx plan...
    I'm not sure if it's a good plan, but 4-5 website loads sounds a bit low to me! I know I don't wait two minutes and forty-five seconds to load a webpage on my 9.6kbps connection (which would be 200kB).
    What do they charge per megabyte after the initial 1?