1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a spare Palm Pre (with a clear LCD screen) that they no longer need? If so, would you mind selling it for a small amount?

I only need the Pre. Nothing else. I already have all the other parts, batteries, accesories, pouch, etc.

I am just trying to replace my ugly Palm Pre because the screen is very messed up with scratches, smudges, cracks on the side, missing USB door, stuck power button, and more.

My Pre is under warranty yet Sprint would not replace it because they say it has been through "normal wear and tear", and that I should instead - file a claim.

I also tried HP/Palm because they are offering "Free Pre phones with a new 2 year contract". But, I do not want to risk using and losing my full upgrade option on a brand new Pre when I can just wait a few more months and use my full upgrade option on the next generation, WebOS 2.0 "i.e., Roadrunner" device.

So for now, I just need a "better than average" Pre, or a Pre with a clear LCD screen.

Note: I already tried independant, cell phone repair shops but they charge between $75 to $150 just to repair the front housing on my Pre.

Extra Note: If my old Pre were a car I could easily go to the junkyard for cheap spare and/or replacement parts.

Sorry for the Drama folks. This economy has me on the Edge :.)
    I think you're better off recycling your Pre for a bad ESN Pre Plus...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I think you're better off recycling your Pre for a bad ESN Pre Plus...
    I agree, find a pre plus, swap in your comm board, get it set up with the meta doctor and then regular sprint doctor and you are good to go. See here

And if you find it too difficult to do the hardware swap and doctoring, I know some people here on the forums were offering to do it for a small fee. PM Nightburn, I think he is still offering to do the hardware and software switch, and he is certainly trustworthy.
    Last edited by supercluver; 09/10/2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added link
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    You can try contacting Palm Pre Repair | Palm Pre Lcd | Broken | Fix | Repairs

They sell the entire front face with the lcd and the lcd by itself maybe you can find out if they can will sell the housing with out the lcd....
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    You can try contacting Palm Pre Repair | Palm Pre Lcd | Broken | Fix | Repairs

They sell the entire front face with the lcd and the lcd by itself maybe you can find out if they can will sell the housing with out the lcd....
    There's no way of taking the screen apart. It's glued on extremely tightly. Unless you're extremely skilled and have the tools, you're guaranteed you'd break the LCD.

For the price of the screen you can already get a Pre Plus in decent shape. If Fred came up with the idea of swapping the screen I'm sure he's not shy with taking hardware apart, which is more than enough to do a Pre Plus surgery.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have a extra Palm pre Im selling on Ebay under super palm pre with 1ghz kernel. Its been updated to 1.4.5 with all the main patches and 1ghz kernel the only issue though is the middle of the screen is non responsive. im selling it for 70.00 on ebay cosmeticley the phone is in great shape maybe a knick on a small part of the body.