Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have a palm pre plus from Verizon converted to Sprint. It has a few minor scratches on the screen( not noticeable when on) its in good condition the slider is solid.

I'll take $170
    Are you willing to come down in price? Maybe a trade?
    I literally just read a post about someone giving away a like new Sprint Pre with Touchstone for $70 before I read your post.

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...tone-70-a.html
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    this one's the pre PLUS, though, not the standard sprint pre minus.
    Yes but a brand new Plus go for less then $140 on Ebay. HP is about to announce new devices which will also effect peoples choices and prices.

If you can get someone to buy a used, scratched Pre that has been tampered with in order to run on another network for more then a brand new device made for the Sprint network, more power to you.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Its worth what the market will take, a willing and able buyer with a willing and able seller. Being its a Pre Plus, I would expect it would be worth more than a regular Pre.

I would have taken that Pre + Touchstone for $70, for sure. I just bought a perfect condition Pre + Invisashield (sp?) yesterday for $80.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Yes but a brand new Plus go for less then $140 on Ebay. HP is about to announce new devices which will also effect peoples choices and prices.

If you can get someone to buy a used, scratched Pre that has been tampered with in order to run on another network for more then a brand new device made for the Sprint network, more power to you.
    If by "tampered with" you mean upgraded. Anyone who has +'d their Pre - knows how valuable such a phone is on Sprint.

Anyone who has +'d their Sprint Pre- and overclocked to 1Ghz (hat tip to homebrew community) knows even more so.

And lastly this is more valuable to somebody today than it will be 6 days from now as that's when the $10 premium data charge kicks in.
    Last edited by foosball; 01/25/2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    If by "tampered with" you mean upgraded. Anyone who has +'d their Pre - knows how valuable such a phone is on Sprint.

Anyone who has +'d their Sprint Pre- and overclocked to 1Ghz (hat tip to homebrew community) knows even more so.
    I understand what you're trying to say. However, the other side to this is you're selling a device that has a voided warranty. If it breaks, the buyer is out of luck. Some people like to have some protection in their investment.

And I have Sprint Pre Overclocked to 1Ghz that runs great and can easily revert back to stock if I need to take it in to get a replacement. Which I already have done with no problem, you won't be able to do that with this device.

I don't understand you comment about it being worth more now because of Sprint's plan to charge new subscribers a $10 premium?!?

But as Jdod pointed out it's worth what people are willing to pay for it. It will be interesting to see what a Pre will sell for after Feb 9th.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I understand what you're trying to say. However, the other side to this is you're selling a device that has a voided warranty. If it breaks, the buyer is out of luck. Some people like to have some protection in their investment.

And I have Sprint Pre Overclocked to 1Ghz that runs great and can easily revert back to stock if I need to take it in to get a replacement. Which I already have done with no problem, you won't be able to do that with this device.

But as Jdod pointed out it's worth what people are willing to pay for it. It will be interesting to see what a Pre will sell for after Feb 9th.
    There is no investment to protect on a Sprint Pre -. It is edging closer to being fully devalued.

The biggest savings will be on activating a Pre prior to Feb 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    There is no investment to protect on a Sprint Pre -. It is edging closer to being fully devalued.

The biggest savings will be on activating a Pre prior to Feb 1.
    A warranty on a new device has to honored and you'd get a comparable device if yours didn't exsist. i.e. I had a Treo 650 but got a free upgrade to the Treo 700p when supplies were low.

The biggest problem I'd worry about is that it's not a Sprint device. So if you call into Sprint tech support for something like your text messages aren't coming through, when they look at your device and notice you have a non-Sprint device (and this has happened to a friend of mine) good luck getting them to take anything you say seriously. They will immediately blame any problem you have on your hacked device and refuse to help you.
    The usability factor of a Pre+ on Sprint must be weighed against such possibilities like anything else.

After 4 months you couldn't pay me to take back a Pre-.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsofazraell View Post
    Are you willing to come down in price? Maybe a trade?
    This thread is 4 months old

Have you sold yet?