Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    I am about to pull the trigger on a verizon Pre Plus screen/digitizer combo. I have sprint pre. Will i need to do anything other than swapping those parts? will there be any other steps involved?

please let me know ASAP ... THANKS!

and wow it's good to be back. from pre to evo to epic to evo to epic to evo and back to the pre. man I missed webos...

The pre and pre+ have different face-plates/screens. I am not sure they are interchangeable. You will need to figure that out.

When I swapped mine, it was straight forward. I followed a how to on you-tube on how to pull it apart. A little tricky getting the cable connectors on correctly, so took me a couple tries.

I didn't need a digitizer, but I got talked out of doing the extra steps to separate the screen and digitizer as this is supposedly a little more difficult.

Just to be clear - the faceplate/screen is cracked (and the crack was growing slowly across the face). Everything works fine, but just wanted to make sure you were aware.

Let me know if you are interested.
    I am looking for a face plate/screen and digitizer for a Pre or Pre Plus. It needs to be in pretty good shape. I'm am going to put in on a used Pre Plus. I have seen the ones on E-bay for 37-39 dollars. Trying to find one a lot cheaper.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Is anyone interested in the bottom half of a GSM Pre-? The screen and digitizer have been exposed to moisture as the cover around the USB port has fallen off. Phone still works great, but the screen is mostly unresponsive. I'd most likely sell the phone with the screen intact.

Also have a Touchstone and AGF GRT case, as well as two spare batteries.

FYI I'm not sure if I'm ready to sell as of yet but I'd like to see if anyone's interested.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Confirmed. I have the following to sell if anyone's interested (can't make a new thread):

• 2 AGF GRT Cases, one for touchstone and one without (best case on the market for the Pre, fixes Oreo and protects the phone beautifully)
    • Touchstone (and back cover if needed)
    • 2 spare batteries
    • External battery charger (can charge the phone + 1 spare battery at the same time)
    • Original AC charger
    • Phone pouch (for Blackberry, but fits the Pre/Pre+ perfectly)
    • Pre- (meta-2.1) with faulty digitizer, but perfectly working otherwise. Great for parts. Power button fell off but I've kept it safe. Comes with USB cable, working battery, original back and original box.

If you only want one/a few of these items, I'm happy to send them out separately. I can also post internationally from Australia - if you PM me with an offer I'll look up the price for you

If you need proof, here's a picture of everything listed here: http://d.pr/Xdv7+
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I have two sprint pre- for sale, both with clean ESNs. One has been used for about a month, has a minor scratch on the face, but works perfectly. Can be shipped with 1.4.5 or meta 2.1. Second has been heavily used for 1.5 years, is missing the power button, but works otherwise. I will sell the both for $80 plus shipping. ONE USB cable/wall charger included.

I can't make a new thread due to post count.

EDIT: Just found the power button for the second one, and both are freshly doctored to 1.4.5, but can be easily doctored to 2.1.
    Last edited by drewpydog; 07/08/2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: New info
    Quote Originally Posted by toshabuser View Post
    I'm looking for a volume button, mine did fall of. Anyone?

I am too .... please leave me a message.
    My data connection has died. Wifi works, Evdo or 1xrtt does not. I imagine this is part of the comm board.

Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    My data connection has died. Wifi works, Evdo or 1xrtt does not. I imagine this is part of the comm board.

Anyone?
    What about Voice?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    What about Voice?
    Voice and text work fine. Haven't tried picture mail though, if different from normal text.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Voice and text work fine. Haven't tried picture mail though, if different from normal text.
    Then it can't be your modem.

Try hitting ##EVDO# in the Phone app and check your settings.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Then it can't be your modem.

Try hitting ##EVDO# in the Phone app and check your settings.
    It's on Hybrid Rev A..

I tried every option, nothing worked.
    May sound crazy, but try switching to something else, and back. I remember I've seen this problem before and this revived it for one person's Bell Pre.

May sound crazy, but try switching to something else, and back. I remember I've seen this problem before and this revived it for one person's Bell Pre.
    Didn't work, thanks anyway.

I need this ribbon (double ribbon) that connects to the lower right corner of batt compartment.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post

I need this ribbon (double ribbon) that connects to the lower right corner of batt compartment.

Thanks!
    I think I have one, let me go home and look. PM me to remind me.

I need screen for Pre+.. mine touch sensor dead more then 10 squares now, and still have nasty non-stop phantom touch.

Anyone have one or can point me out where to buy with great price?

many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Also, anyone looking for a normal Palm Pre screen:
    (free worldwide shipping btw)
    LCD Screen Display Replacement for Palm Pre - DinoDirect.com

Don't think I've seen a better deal on a new Palm Pre screen.
    TS included?????????????

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Palm Pre must go:

Touchscreen went from acting CRAZY with ghost touches, to finally giving up the ghost more or less, and not really responding much at all. I was just letting it live out it's days as an media player and camera, among other things, but if I can't even start the apps, what good is that? Haha! EDIT: (for those who care, the actual screen looks pretty damn good; no spiderwebbing or anything like that. Just a few minor scratches that you can see when you tilt it in the light the right (wrong?) way.)

Comes with an additional battery, as well as the charger and data/charger USB-to-microUSB cable.

This item will be sold AS IS.

Best offer PMed to me over $20 by Tuesday AM will get this shipped to them. Regular USPS shipping included. Sorry, US only. I take verified PayPal, as well as postal money orders.
    Last edited by ego2001; 08/01/2011 at 04:49 AM.
    Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    TS? It's just a screen.
    Strange... I thinked this because the pics... well... it's good, but always can be better...

[off]PS: I sent a PM to you... again!! [/off]

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Anybody have an AT&T com board?