Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I still need a volume ribbon if anyone has one.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The volume switches are connected to the camera board, so you need the entire thing.
    Or do you mean something else?
    No You are correct I didnt know it was all one piece so I need the camera board.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Did you break it by pulling it instead of lifting the connector
    I have one by the way.
    I broke it... by... leaving the screw that passes near there (the hardest to pull out), and I moved the slider several times... by the time I had found out why the slider felt different, I had already broken the ribbon in two places, one on the side of the big "lines" (I thought "I can fix this, no biggie"), but it also had a cut in the other side, the one with the tiny tiny wires. So, I hope this fixes it.

I got one for $8 on ebay, thanks anyway!

But I might also need a camera board as I'm not sure that my volume buttons work anymore... I'll repost once Baby Pre comes out from the comma
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I need a good esn Sprint boad, i'm assuming it's the com board. Name a price below $20.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I'll give you one for free if you pay for shipping. I have no idea what the ESN on it is though, so that would probably not be good for you I'll see if I can find out what number it is.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have a pre minus, but I don't want to tear it apart and mess something up in order to mod my pre 2 coming in the mail. I can pay shipping if the esn is clear.
    Will you ship the tokens that are associated with this board?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I need a Sprint COM Board to clear that up, I don't think Verizon will activate on the Sprint network. :P I can pay $5 shipping.
    I have:

$10 each - 5x Palm Pre / Pre Plus ringer / rear speakers
    $10 - one logic board (from Sprint Pre)
    $5 - one middle housing (power button has issues, no usb cover)
    $7 - front housing with zagg skin applied (no screen or digitizer)
    $10 - slide rail assembly (Sprint branded)
    $10 - Verizon CDMA radio board (clear ESN)

all prices are shipped. volume discounts too.
    If anyone has a spare Palm Pre Plus Camera Flex Cable Ribbon, Will buy it for $18. I dont want to buy 2 when i only need is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bioshock.rocks View Post
    If anyone has a spare Palm Pre Plus Camera Flex Cable Ribbon, Will buy it for $18. I dont want to buy 2 when i only need is one.
    how do you tear that apart, I can take apart, every part but that one, pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostjb View Post
    how do you tear that apart, I can take apart, every part but that one, pictures?
    Palm Pre Teardown - Page 2 - iFixit

Thats what i followed and it worked for me.

^ Thats what it looks like
    Last edited by bioshock.rocks; 04/30/2011 at 03:58 AM.
    thnaks a lot, I will try today again
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I need a camera, anyone have one available?
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    I cracked my faceplate on the side several weeks ago. Everything works fine, but the crack is starting to work it's way across the front of the screen now. Thinking it's time to replace it before it causes other issues. Globaldirectparts.com is out of stock on the part: Palm Pre Plus Front Housing.

Thanks
    @GuyFromNam -THANKS! I have seen that one one ebay. My digitizer is still working, so don't really need both the faceplate/screen AND the digitizer. I am trying to save a few $$, but it may be less headache to buy both, so I don't have to pull the faceplate and digitizer apart - I hear that is a little tricky.
    Thanks GuyFromNam! Good advice. I went ahead and bought the ebay part.
    I have a working digitizer for a Palm Pre Plus.

The faceplate/screen is still attached, but there is a crack from the side that worked it's way into the screen about an inch. Everything worked fine, I wanted to replace it before the crack got worse and caused problems. I did not separate the screen from the digitizer and will send as is.

PM me if you are interested.
    I need one of those Palm Pre silver philips screws located under the battery holding the front and back halves together. There's about 4 of 'em IIRC.

Anyone?
    I am about to pull the trigger on a verizon Pre Plus screen/digitizer combo. I have sprint pre. Will i need to do anything other than swapping those parts? will there be any other steps involved?

please let me know ASAP ... THANKS!

and wow it's good to be back. from pre to evo to epic to evo to epic to evo and back to the pre. man I missed webos...