Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    My local radio shack had ten of them and said some dude came in and bought all of them. Grrrr...

Ten calls to area shacks later and not one had them, several reported same thing, some guy walked in and bought their stock at $10/per. I think it was the same guy.

Are there different versions of touchstones for VZW, Sprint & AT&T or will they all work providing you have the right back (which I am told all AT&T ones do)?
  2.    #122  
    They are all Palm product, so they all work the same.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I jumped all over the Touchstone/Charger bundle.. looks like it'll work nicely in my car. For $9.99, how can they afford to send these overnight for free?
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldog View Post
    I jumped all over the Touchstone/Charger bundle.. looks like it'll work nicely in my car. For $9.99, how can they afford to send these overnight for free?
    Same thing I said to the wife.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    I just got two Verizon discount bundles (car charger & TS; car charger, TS, and cheap case) for a total of $26.74--thank you to everyone involved!

Next question: nothing in the box or on the charger (universal "Vehicle Charger with USB Port") indicates the ratings or amps etc. The only thing I could find was a tag on the cable that reads: "Model: MICRDUALVPC DC 100609(A)"

I tried a Google search with that information and came up empty. I'm sorry if that actually does tell me what I need to know, but I don't speak that language.

Does anyone know the stats for this charger? I'm trying to figure out if it can be used with the TS in the car.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover:

Everyone that has tried thus far has been successful in using the VZW charger with the TS. I can tell you from testing, the additional port will NOT work with the TS though, only the hard wired cable.
    Thanks OldSkool!! I've tested the VZW charger and it seems to be working great!

And I just ordered another bundle! (Can get to be addicting!)
    Thanks everyone, I got one touchstone --sans USB cable-- for $7 at my local Radio Shack (now they're sold out at both stores in town) and got another with the car charger and holster case on the Verizon site! Free overnight delivery! Wow, this is awesome.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    3 days ago I walked in to one of the RadioShacks I frequently shop and asked the lady working at the counter if they had any TS's left and she looked at me and said 'no sweetie'. I asked if there are any left in the district and she said the same thing.

Last night I walked into that same Shack and the manager was working and I asked him just for the helluvit. The dude looked up the SKU in the computer, walked to a corner of the store and lo-and-behold, there were two kits for the Pre and a lone TS!!! $10 for each kit and $7 for the puck. Needless to say I was a little PO at the lady calling me sweetie. Also needless to say (but I'm going to say it), is that I walked out with them. Now I'm at 5 Touchstones.

I guess you should always ask twice...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Will the Verizon car charger light drain my car battery after I turn off the car?
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Will the Verizon car charger light drain my car battery after I turn off the car?

If your car keeps the charger on when turned off (light on) then yes. It isn't the light so much as the car charger is pulling power even if there is nothing attached to the other end.

I say this with saying actually killing the battery will be based on time, for example my car sits for days at a time when I am off work (I don't leave anything plugged in that doesn't need to be). 15 minutes shouldn't kill the battery, but that depends on the battery, your alternator and what else your car has drawing power. In general, if your car doesn't shut off the cig lighter/charger you should unplug it regardless.
    I just ordered 2 bundles. They arrived the next day!
    Not seeing it anymore, however they still have a kit with the touchstone, cable and a pouch for $14.98.
    smithe68, I just looked and still see the touchstone & car charger bundle for $9.99 w/free delivery. Was able to add up to 3 of them to my cart prior to checkout. Did you specify the Palm Pre, rather than the Palm Pixi as your phone? Then click on "all desktop chargers" and it should appear. Unless maybe availability depends upon the zipcode you type in?
    Now it shows both, yesterday it showed only the $14.98 for me and oddly with both on there it says results for 1 of 1?
    Okay, I have had trouble getting these links to work and lots of people have been asking. So here is a screenshot of the two great deals on Verizon's website.

1. Go to Verizon.com
    2. Click on Accesories
    3. Over to the right side of the screen click Browse Bundles

The only two that come up are TS Bundles, each with FREE overnight shipping. Below is a link just in case it might happen to work....

Set Your Location

EDIT... click on the link and set your location... then click on the link again after you have set your location. Should work.... but the instructions above will get you there as well.

Happy shopping!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Sweet deal for anyone that does not have a touchstone, but I was hoping it was the original Palm micro usb car charger. Thanks!
    Last edited by dachiefmizzy; 08/25/2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    omg awesome!
    Can just anyone order from Verizon, or do you have to have a Verizon account to order?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Can just anyone order from Verizon, or do you have to have a Verizon account to order?
    Anyone can.
    Thanks +2
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast