Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    I'm amazed that VZW is still offering this. They must have purchased a zillion of them for the Pre+/Pixi+ launch... and I'm assuming that they will include a touchstone in the Pre2.

I've bought so many touchstones that I've lost count, or I'd grab a few more...
    thanks,
    I ordered two yesterday evening. Hopefully they will arrive on Monday.
    I didn't have a "base" touchstone when this deal first broke (so I had forgotten about the deal)!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I also grabbed a bunch of Palm wall adapters from amazon.com, at least for one every touchstone so I can leave them connected all over the place. They come with a really nice Palm USB cable, and I don't think I've paid more than $10 each - shipping included.

Palm should license this technology to HTC and Motorola so they can make a bunch of money selling touchstone pucks - and then people would know that Palm is still around, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I also grabbed a bunch of Palm wall adapters from amazon.com, at least for one every touchstone so I can leave them connected all over the place. They come with a really nice Palm USB cable, and I don't think I've paid more than $10 each - shipping included. ...
    Yes, Those I had noticed on my own (purchased from a store named something like "BTO" for around $8 or less with free shipping).

Beware there is another store (named "Accessory One" that has had some bad reviews). They have touchstone backs really cheap (around $3). I don't need more than one back anyway.

... Palm should license this technology to HTC and Motorola so they can make a bunch of money selling touchstone pucks - and then people would know that Palm is still around, too!
    They could say "what the puck?" right beneath the Palm logo!
    [QUOTE=Cantaffordit;2811251]I also grabbed a bunch of Palm wall adapters from amazon.com, at least for one every touchstone so I can leave them connected all over the place. They come with a really nice Palm USB cable, and I don't think I've paid more than $10 each - shipping included.

I also ordered a couple of wall chargers and cable from Amazon.com.
    Was wondering as I am new to the Amazon.com world if anyone has had a similar experience.
    Got a confirmation e-mail on the purchase.
    My Amazon.com account says it was shipped and supplies a tracking number.
    Ordered on Dec. 20th. Confirmation says delivery will be between Dec. 27-30.
    Shipped USPS
    No sign of anything as of 5pm today. ( Mail has been delivered )
    Credit card has been billed.
    When I use the tracking number supplied I get " Sorry we cannot track this shipment at this time"
    So, should I be sending an e-mail out to Amazon.com? Or, be patient?
    I don't want to miss out as I need them to go with the three Touchstones I have already purchased from Verizon. All in anticipation of getting the Pre2 or next Palm device able to use the touchstone. Lots of Touchstones but no phone yet.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    ... So, should I be sending an e-mail out to Amazon.com? Or, be patient? ...
    be paitent.
    Shipment through USPS is not the same sort of "exact science" that you might be accustomed to from FedEx or UPS. I take the "it will get there when it gets there" approach with USPS shipments. Most likely it will arrive on Monday after the holiday or Tuesday at the latest. In my area, sometimes they come on a truck but usually the letter carrier has it in his bag unless it is something bulky or heavy.)
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    be paitent.
    Shipment through USPS is not the same sort of "exact science" that you might be accustomed to from FedEx or UPS. I take the "it will get there when it gets there" approach with USPS shipments. Most likely it will arrive on Monday after the holiday or Tuesday at the latest. In my area, sometimes they come on a truck but usually the letter carrier has it in his bag unless it is something bulky or heavy.)
    THANKS,
    I'm just new to all this Smart phone and internet buying etc.
    This place amazes me. I am still trying to learn what all he abbreviations used here mean. Internalz, uber kernnel, IPk, webosqi and on and on.
    But I am working on it!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I too bought the wall charger and cable off of amazon. I got one thats defective, i e-mailed BTO, and they were EXTREMELY nice and professional about it.. here's what he said:

"I am so sorry Ryan,

So do you think that the USB cable itself is defective? I have seen this before, in the Palm Charger. If so, I can send another. Whatever the case, I am grateful that you did not leave me a 1, 2 or 3 rating. I will ship out the USB cable at your command. If you think that I need to replace both pieces, just let me know. I want you happy.

Kind Regards,
    David"

I only needed the cable, sent me out another one free of charge. Highly recommend!!
    @boyer61, Thanks for sharing your experience with BTO. He had 100% positive ratings in all three time ranges in Amazon. Now I understand why/how he has earned such ratings.
    I got 4 of my 6 Touchstones from amazon.com at a good price and they all functioned well.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Just received my bundle today from Verizon. They overnight shipped the package. Touchstone is great as always, car charger will work as an addition to the Palm OE charger, and case is great as well!
    both the case and the car charger (from Verizon) are much nicer than I thought they would be (especially the case). I ordered 2 sets (mostly for the touchstones)

My Palm AC adapters and cables haven't arrived yet either (but I'm giving them a few more days).
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Too bad they didn't have a case for the pixi

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    The Verizon link had a case for the pixi, a car charger, and a puck for $15 including next day shipping. The case has a nice magnetic flap as and a belt clip that rotates 180 degrees and locks in place every 90. It fits my Pre perfectly. I think they call it a Pixi accessory because Verizon currently does not have any Pre's for sale.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Yeah. The case is actually for the Pre. Too short for the Pixi. On the package it says it's for the pre.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
  16.    #196  
    I also grabbed a bunch of Palm wall adapters from amazon.com, at least for one every touchstone so I can leave them connected all over the place. They come with a really nice Palm USB cable, and I don't think I've paid more than $10 each - shipping included.

Palm should license this technology to HTC and Motorola so they can make a bunch of money selling touchstone pucks - and then people would know that Palm is still around, too!
    I've been ordering the extra wall chargers from ebay. 6 or 7 bucks shipped. OE Palm and work great. I have one for my TS at work and bought the wife one to put in her stocking for her to take to work (so she could stop taking my home TS wall charger when she went to work). Still have 2 TS pucks floating around (1 in the living room that uses my bedroom wall cable when we need to charge in the living room, and 1 just sitting around that need to be mounted in the car).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Yeah. The case is actually for the Pre. Too short for the Pixi. On the package it says it's for the pre.
    I recall Verizon's website calling this a bundle that was compatible with the Pixi. Perhaps if you call Verizon's customer service they might have some way to correct this for you?
    I bought one and it arrived overnight just like they said. Bought a cable from Amazon/BTO and it works great (my 2nd one from them, actually).

The car charger doesn't seem to work. It's got a built in USB port and I can charge using that and a cable, but the micro USB cable doesn't seem to work. I get a charging icon on the phone, but the battery keeps draining.

The touchstone works, which is all I really wanted, so I'm not going to bother with returning it. Would have been a nice perk, though. The case is nice, but probably won't get used. I'm a pocket guy.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

wow, $15 for a TS, car charger and pouch. Great deal.
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...&bundleId=3633

or go to:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessories

and scroll down to bundles and select palm pre or type it.
    Last edited by nyczwillz; 02/02/2011 at 10:58 PM.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast