Also courtesy of my same traitorous (HTC/Windows Mobile drone!) cousin

BlackBerry Curve 8530 (black)
    Original packaging
    Original manual

Wall charger
    car charger
    side and back hard case
    holster

$85, FREE USPS PRIORITY SHIPPING or reasonable offer. PayPal buyers preferred.
    Prē
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    You have a cousin with an ability to screw up ESNs on his phones.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    You have a cousin with an ability to screw up ESNs on his phones.
    Not a real special talent. Just don't pay the bill.
    Prē
    ESNs are rendered unusable if they are reported as lost or stolen, or if the esn is still attached to a non-canceled account. So unless you know an employee willing to risk their job to take it off the lost or stolen list.. The phone's pretty much useless, unless it's the latter, then it's until that account disconnects.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinon View Post
    ESNs are rendered unusable if they are reported as lost or stolen, or if the esn is still attached to a non-canceled account. So unless you know an employee willing to risk their job to take it off the lost or stolen list.. The phone's pretty much useless, unless it's the latter, then it's until that account disconnects.

The phone is "useless" for Sprint, NOT FOR OTHER NETWORKS. That's the whole story about bad ESNs.
    Prē
    If a phone isnt active on an account can it just be sold and added to someone else's account without trouble? Even if the account it was on in the past is still active with a different phone?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    If a phone isnt active on an account can it just be sold and added to someone else's account without trouble? Even if the account it was on in the past is still active with a different phone?
    Sprint has tightened their policy on that. I don't know what their OFFICIAL answer is, but I know what happened when I called to check out the ESNs for my cousin's phones. I knew one would be bad, but the second I wondered. The customer service rep literally looked the second one up, and said it was OK, and then received some override on her screen within two minutes (she was trying to sell me stuff. I had no interest) that said, "No, make it not good" or whatever their message says.

So, that is what happened. Take it how you will.
    Prē
  8.    #8  
    Put on eBay. Look for it. 3-day auction ending Sunday mid-day EDT.
    Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by sinon View Post
    Not really... Bad ESN Verizon Pre Pluses are treasures.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here