1.    #1  
    In my Treo days, I used to be a DIY guy. Now, my time is valuable to me. Looking for someone to help install Preware on my Pixi. No muss, no fuss!
    I just ordered a pixi to go with my pre,once I get it I'll tinker around with it and I should be able to help you out.

I'm in san jose/milpitas...

Your screen name is a blast from the past. Any chance your last name is Zing?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    In my Treo days, I used to be a DIY guy. Now, my time is valuable to me. Looking for someone to help install Preware on my Pixi. No muss, no fuss!
    Read this first: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html
    that's a good thread to look at.

Its not hard to get preware onto a pre. The pixi can't be much different.

first enable dev mode with the konami code. Then hook your phone to your computer and use webOS Quick Install to load preware!

if you need more help lemme know. I'll help you out at no cost.

WebOS FOREVER!
    use webos20090606 it is much easier to enable developer mode.

Follow instructions on the wiki to download the standalone installer, webos quickinstall (to enable novacom) and webosdoctor and you will be in business in about 10 minutes.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    I just ordered a pixi to go with my pre,once I get it I'll tinker around with it and I should be able to help you out.

I'm in san jose/milpitas...

Your screen name is a blast from the past. Any chance your last name is Zing?
    Groovy. Get back to me when you can. We could meet at a coffee shop somewhere. My last name? Nope, it aint Zing.
    KevMeister

sent you a PM

Get back to me when you wanna meet up
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    In the time it would take you to call and setup a time to meet with someone to install Preware for you, you could install it yourself.

It literally takes 10 minutes. Most of that time waiting for the Pre/Pixi to reboot.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I'll second everyone. It is super easy. Really, just a ten minute task.