1.    #1  
    kind of off-topic.
    I'm looking for an Olympus-branded SmartMedia card for my digital camera, but would rather pick it up in a store than get it online. However, I can't find them, even where I got the camera.

Does anyone know of a national chain that might carry them?
    or does anyone have some to sell for cheap (hint, hint)?

Note: It's not that important that it be Olympus branded, just laziness (don't wanna format it). And I'd like to see what the retail would be (as opposed to the discounted retail on-line).
    I may ultimately get some other brand.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    How many MB on the card? 64? 128? I can't remember seeing any 256 MB SM cards anywhere...
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Oh, on national chains--try Staples, CompUSA or BestBuy...
  4.    #4  
    the camera came with 16MB, which is good (most SM-drive digital cams come with 8) which is more space than my Visor but still somewhat small, so I was looking to get a few larger sizes. I haven't seen anything over 128 either.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    I picked up a 64 MB Fuji SM card at Target for pretty cheap. $40 compared to about $50-55 for the same size SanDisk card.

SM cards don't come any larger than 128 MB yet.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Originally posted by Yorick
    kind of off-topic.
    I'm looking for an Olympus-branded SmartMedia card for my digital camera, but would rather pick it up in a store than get it online. However, I can't find them, even where I got the camera.

Does anyone know of a national chain that might carry them? [...]
    Did you try WallyWorld (Wal-mart)? I was rather surprised at the selection of memory cards they had when I was near the camera section a while back. It was better than either of the Office* stores.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    If you do end up getting it online, www.ecost.com has some good deals on Olympus SM cards in their countdown section from time to time.
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the suggestions. I finally went shopping Saturday.

This is why we need to support our local retailers:
    Every big box store I visited has LexMark or SanDisk, and occasionally something else. Ray Supply, an electronics shop (audio, car audio, video, photo) located right next door to the WallyWorld closest to me (Ray's was there first, having existed since the 50's), actually did have Olympus' SmartMedia cards.
    $25 for 32MB, $40 for 64MB, and $90 for 128MB. So once my bills are paid this month I'm going there for a 64MB card or two.