1.    #1  
    Can anyone suggest good (i.e. cheap) places to buy the HandyGPS system? I've just missed out on someone selling one in the UK on EBay, so I've decided to hunt around and get one new.

It has to be a company that will ship to the UK. I've seen it on Palmgear.com for $200 (plus $32 shipping) - where else could I try? None for sale on EBay.com today - only Magellan ones and some other make that is apparently no longer supported (shame - it had MMC slots)

Cheers

Jules

(P.S. Don't really need the US maps, but it would be nice if they came with it)
    How much are you looking to spend?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Toby
    How much are you looking to spend?
    NOTHING! OK, basically the reason I asked is that I haven't found anywhere else yet that sells this kit. So I wanted to do a bit of price comparison before I go ahead and buy it, and then find that everyone else paid $150 from somewhere else! I think I'd be rather annoyed...

If that's about the same as other vendors, then no problem - I'll go ahead and get it. BTW, you're not looking to sell one second hand by any chance, are you?

Cheers

Jules
    Originally posted by bigjules
    NOTHING! OK, basically the reason I asked is that I haven't found anywhere else yet that sells this kit. So I wanted to do a bit of price comparison before I go ahead and buy it, and then find that everyone else paid $150 from somewhere else! I think I'd be rather annoyed...

If that's about the same as other vendors, then no problem - I'll go ahead and get it. BTW, you're not looking to sell one second hand by any chance, are you?
    Not for nothing, surely, but I do have one in new condition that I might consider parting with. I'd also have to check on any shipping issues/costs involved (although I can't imagine why there'd be any to the UK). I doubt if you'll find a new one for US$150, though (and I have the version which comes with the Rand McNally software which goes for US$230). I've rarely seen them for sale outside of PalmGear.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...