1.    #1  
    At the CompUSA website you can get a Refurb Prism for $149. Also you can get a Refurb Neo for $99. (Neo today only!)

http://www.compusa.com/

Thought you would like to know!
    "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Rom 1:16
    The Prism is a great deal, the Neo is not.

Target last week had a brand-new neo for $99

But lets face it, the Prism is dead :-( - When I upgrade my VDX this summer, I am not getting a prism...
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  3.    #3  
    The Prism is not dead yet. If I did not already have a backup...I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Just my opinion.
    "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Rom 1:16
    would you buy the qaulity assurance program?

The prism might not be around in a year definately not in two, but if it breaks:

"In the event your covered product suffers a mechanical or electrical defect, the Plan will replace your original product with a product of equal or similar features, specifications, and functionality. Your product must be carried in to any CompUSA store location or any other authorized service center as assigned by the Administrator to obtain replacement under the Plan. You must provide the store location or service center with proof of purchase documentation at the time of replacement request. On-site coverage will not be provided. "
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    Is it available on a refurb?
    Looks like it is. Just check the little box, and for $60 you're covered for 2 whole years.

You know, a buddy of mine just took his palm3c into best buy because it wasn't charging anymore. He had purchased the extended warranty from them. they treated it as if it was a product defect. They didn't have any 3cs hanging around, so they gave him the original price of the palm off of a new Clie. He ended up w/ the brand new color Clie w128mg ms, all for about $150.

With the rechargables, it certianly seems like the warranty is the way to go.
    Orange, by gosh. The furginnshugger
    thing is orange.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Just wanted to thank you for the heads up.

I've wanted a color device for some time, but my DLX was bought to test out this PDA thing. I've found I use it a lot and have invested in some springboards. (GPS, Phone, extra memory) and a Stowaway.

Could not justify a Prism with the poor outdoor viewing at it original price. I really wanted to use it with the GPS outdoors. Oh well.

But at this price, it seems a great deal. And I really don't use the GPS module all that much outdoors and if I do, I still have my DLX. I think my wife had been kicking the idea of a PDA around for awhile and she can use my DLX now to see if it really works for her before she goes out and gets a fancy one.

So thanks again!