1.    #1  
    I'm upgrading to a Pre + next week, and thinking of using the BOGO offer to get a free Pixi +. My wife doesn't want the Pixi +, she wants an Eris. Anybody interested in trading? I figure someone must be getting a Moto Droid in the same boat I am, seems a shame to pay for an Eris when I can get a Pixi for free!
    I'm on ebay with the same user name, 100% feedback, in fact I'm selling the Centro my wife didn't like.....
    Last edited by broncot; 02/02/2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added ebay info for confidence!
    i have an eris i would not mind trading. it is 2-3 months old and has a screen protector on it ( you might replace the protector since i put it on and it has a little bubble in it - i never put those thing on right).

Also has the extended seidio batter (1750 mah) in it and two spares of the regular batteries.

I just moved to the pre and was thinking about trying the pixi plus.

email: Duncanhoo at gmail dot com. split time between DC, NYC and LA
    also have the verizon case and holster around it.

Probably going to throw it up for sale on android central later this week.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My wife has a new Eris that she picked up in January on or VZW account. I am cashing in my New Every Two discount at the end of March for a new Palm Pre Plus. Initially she was frustrated with the Eris not being able to get it to do what she wanted the way she wanted, but I think it might have just been growing pains for her being new to the OS and she is starting to warm up to it.

Neither of us have used a web OS phone before. Based on word of mouth, my own loyalty to Palm, and my time spent on various forums and sites such as PreCentral and viewing the demo videos, I know that web OS is for me and I really think my wife would like it once she got used to it too. I also found a few web OS apps that we can probably both get use out of.

My question: If the BOGO deal is still offered when I get my phone, anyone know if it would it be possible to order the PixiPlus for my wife’s existing phone number and then let her decide if she likes it or the Eris better and get rid of whichever she does not want? I think my understanding was they wouldn't just hand you a box of hardware without first setting up a new line on your account or tying it to an existing line on your account.

I'm trying to find a way for her to give the phone and OS a test drive and would like to take advantage of the BOGO offer to do that. But on the chance that she doesn't like the PixiPlus or web OS, I don't want to force her into it and have her upset with me when she doesn't like it. (Or have her jealous of my PrePlus).

Any idea? Can I do the BOGO and then later sell off whichever phone my wife decides to not keep?
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
  5.    #5  
    I've learned from VZW the warranty won't transfer from one customer to another, so a swap would get us a device without a warranty. Now my wife likes the Motorola Devour coming soon, so I'm just going to get the Pre solo.
    Thanks for the replies
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke35 View Post
    My wife has a new Eris that she picked up in January on or VZW account. I am cashing in my New Every Two discount at the end of March for a new Palm Pre Plus. Initially she was frustrated with the Eris not being able to get it to do what she wanted the way she wanted, but I think it might have just been growing pains for her being new to the OS and she is starting to warm up to it.

Neither of us have used a web OS phone before. Based on word of mouth, my own loyalty to Palm, and my time spent on various forums and sites such as PreCentral and viewing the demo videos, I know that web OS is for me and I really think my wife would like it once she got used to it too. I also found a few web OS apps that we can probably both get use out of.

My question: If the BOGO deal is still offered when I get my phone, anyone know if it would it be possible to order the PixiPlus for my wife’s existing phone number and then let her decide if she likes it or the Eris better and get rid of whichever she does not want? I think my understanding was they wouldn't just hand you a box of hardware without first setting up a new line on your account or tying it to an existing line on your account.

I'm trying to find a way for her to give the phone and OS a test drive and would like to take advantage of the BOGO offer to do that. But on the chance that she doesn't like the PixiPlus or web OS, I don't want to force her into it and have her upset with me when she doesn't like it. (Or have her jealous of my PrePlus).

Any idea? Can I do the BOGO and then later sell off whichever phone my wife decides to not keep?
    Asking the same question in the VZW community forum, but looking for any help I can get.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid