Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Selling a [Sprint] Pre that I had for ~one week before switching carriers and devices.

This unit was a replacement and is in like-new condition. It has a Seidio screen protector in it with a small air bubble, and I'll happily remove it or leave it on, whichever the buyer prefers.

Clean ESN.

Sale will include original box and charger as well. Buyer pays shipping.

Will update this post with images this afternoon.

Also for sale:
    Seidio 1350mAh battery.
    Touchstone back with 2 Touchstones.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    message sent.
    pm sent
    Are you guys actually going to pay $200 for a phone you can get (with an existing contract) for under $100?
    How can you get one without extending your contract for under a 100?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Are you guys actually going to pay $200 for a phone you can get (with an existing contract) for under $100?
    actually it's about $500 if you're in contract and not eligible for upgrade. $200 is a lot better than $500 isn't it? Why don't you keep your comments to yourself and let the OP sell his phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    actually it's about $500 if you're in contract and not eligible for upgrade. $200 is a lot better than $500 isn't it? Why don't you keep your comments to yourself and let the OP sell his phone.
    NO. Go to bestbuy.com and it's $99.99 if you're already in contract! (Just select the option "Renew / Upgrade My Contract").

And that $99.99 phone is BRAND NEW.

(And if you're not eligable for an upgrade, call Sprint and ask them to move it up - it actually works)
    Last edited by 6tr6tr; 02/04/2010 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    NO. Go to bestbuy.com and it's $99.99 if you're already in contract! (Just select the option "Renew / Upgrade My Contract").

And that $99.99 phone is BRAND NEW.

(And if you're not eligable for an upgrade, call Sprint and ask them to move it up - it actually works)
    Seriously? I see $749.99!!! Point me in the right direction, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Seriously? I see $749.99!!! Point me in the right direction, thanks.
    1. Go to BestBuy.com
    2. Mouse over "Mobile Phones & Office" And click "Mobile Phones"
    3. Towards the bottom, click the Sprint icon (this, annoyingly, opens a new window)
    4. Scroll to the bottom and Click the "Shop Now" under "See All Sprint Phones"
    5. Scroll down till you see "Palm Pre Black" and click the "Add Phone" button
    6. On the right-hand side under "Already Have a Sprint Plan?" you'll see the "Renew / Upgrade My Contract". Click it.

Then you'll see the price as $99.99.

(Note, you need Flash enabled for this all to work)
  11.    #11  
    Wow. You're kind of a jerk and kind of an *****, huh?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post
    Wow. You're kind of a jerk and kind of an *****, huh?
    NO, not kind of, a complete jerk and complete *****.
    I checked it out, he's right, 99 dollars, but maybe some people just want month to month.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Some people (like myself) don't like contracts. That is why I bought mine second-hand for about this price. It's worth not having a contract for 200$... by a long shot!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I checked it out, he's right, 99 dollars, but maybe some people just want month to month.
    No he's not, if you aren't eligible for upgrade with Sprint (or atleast 22 months into your current contract) then you can't get the phone for $99. I tried online and over the phone with Best Buy. So yes he's still an *****.
  16.    #16  
    FINALLY got some photos.

Note that I haven't retouched them at all and that EVERY bit of fluff, dust and whatever else is BLATANTLY visible (and the scaled images link to full res versions).

Clicky.
  17.    #17  
    All PMs replied to.
    $200 is a reasonable asking price.
    Yeah, if you are eligible or a new customer, buy from Best Buy and let someone who's not eligible take advantage of this deal.
    Isn't all of this a no-brainer?
    Good luck with the sale (and thanks for offering it here)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  19.    #19  
    Thank you. Replied to PMs.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I purchased 2 Pre's third party to keep from renewing my contract and burning my upgrade pricing just yet. My plan is to reserve all of our upgrades until I see what really great (I hope) webOS device comes out this summer.

But having been without a contract since November, Sprint previously offered me $250 just to renew my contract and leave my upgrades in place. I turned that down. Then about a month ago they offered me $350. I took it, could not resist. I had decided that I was staying with Sprint anyway and with webOS, so its a nice little bonus. But I still have all my upgrades for my family.

So I completely understand someone buying third party. In fact, my first one was purchased from someone here. The second was from a Craigslist ad. First one was used, port went bad within a couple weeks, Sprint store gave me a new phone (was not under contract at the time, they treat you better I think). The second one is a refurb, knew so before I purchased it, was originally purchased in June, a roll out phone, and reconditioned in December. This is a nice, tight phone so far.

I won't mention what I paid in either case, each sale is up to the individuals involved in the transaction. Both buyers and sellers should become aware what the market looks like for their phone condition (refurb or not, condition, etc) and price/be willing to pay accordingly.

Just a note about my experience with 3rd party phones, its a great market and certainly served me well.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast