1.    #1  
    I have just started a new PDA website (dont worry, i know what your thinking: aghh! another one of those cheap sites with no content! ahhhh!). Well thats not what this site is. It has news updated every day on ther lastest happenings in the PDA world, plaus techinical specs of Every PDA! (im not done with that part yet though). It also has links to other great PDA websites and once-a -week editorials!

Visit PDA Freak Here:
    www.geocities.com/greenrav1/index.html
    My PDA: Handspring Visor Platinum

Visit PDA Freak: www.geocities.com/greenrav1/index.html
    Both of my parents and my Stepmother are English teachers, you should talk to them.
  3.    #3  
    Heh, yeah i just looked at it and noticed many spelling errors. Hopefully i fixed all of them and the spellings are correct. Thanks for the tip.

Haha....no offense...but your site looks like it was beaten with an ugly stick...it could use some work on aesthetics...

Even the best of content will be oh so much better when its presented nice and pretty
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Don't feel bad even though you are getting beaten upon. They did the same thing on the first version of my site and I appreciate it since I now have a much better site, MacLegion. Take heart, is it dynamic? Also take a look at some CMSs like PostNuke or my preference XOOPS.

--David
    "The Ultimate Source for PDA News"

"THE Source for PDA news"

First of all, I commend anyone that takes the time and effort to publish a web site and produce their own content. That's what the internet is about, after all.

That said, be careful with your marketing verbiage. Words like 'ultimate' or 'number one' or 'most popular' or "THE" don't mean ANYTHING unless true, and, more often than not, they aren't true.

Your editorial seems rather sparse with facts and has lots of grammar and spelling errors.

Don't let that discourage you, though. Keep working at it...
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Here's a tip - Place an actual title instead of the file name in between the <title></title> tags in your HTML.

I would recommend you learn a bit of HTML (it really is pretty easy). I would suggest HTML Goodies, especially the HTML Primer and in the case of your site the <HEAD> tag goodie would be helpful.

Not trying to bash, just trying to be helpful.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the tips yall, but its pretty hard to do some things ypu have suggested. I mean its pretty hard for a twelve year old kid with noting but Yahoo pagebuilder to work with (me) to make a top notch website. Im trying though.

Originally posted by Stealth_Samuari
    Thanks for the tips yall, but its pretty hard to do some things ypu have suggested. I mean its pretty hard for a twelve year old kid with noting but Yahoo pagebuilder to work with (me) to make a top notch website. Im trying though.
    12?! OK - i'll cut you some slack.

All you really need is a text editor and FTP client, not Yahoo page builder. On a Windows machine the Notepad works very easily for editing and there is a built in FTP client. I know there are equivalent items on the Mac. I did a couple of sites about 3 or 4 years ago with nothing but Notepad.

If you are looking for a decent, free editor for Windows, you might want to look at Arachnophilia. I just looked and Paul is re-writing it in Java so it will be cross platform.

I encourage you to still learn some HTML, as it can be a great start on learning more advanced Internet coding such as XML, PHP, ColdFusion...
    A couple of other thoughts for you:

1. You are probably violating copyrights by displaying images of PDAs on your site, unless you took the pictures yourself. If you got big enough for, say Compaq, to notice, they might demand that you take the pictures down.

2. Go to www.download.com and click the "Web Developer" tab. I bet there are free tools that are better than Yahoo's to help you make your pages.

Good luck!
    Jeff
    Wow, not bad, reminds me of myself actually. I was about your same age when I started to get into web development. For about a year, I focused strictly on coding, learning and mastering HTML, JavaScript, and some Perl. From there, I got really interested in graphics and design. I took classes from Art Center College of Design, and bought tons of design books to read. My parents also bought a new Mac for me, hehe.

Just keep it up, some of my early pages were just like yours. Surround yourself with good design, things that look great, and it'll help. Not necessarily computer things, even things you see in magazines, ads, or whatever, that you think look good. Cut it out and keep it, it'll help define your own design style. It'll come with time. For now, learn the coding, I hate it, it's boring, but you just HAVE to learn it. Good luck!
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .