Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    The phone works. So yes it can be legitimately used. As I said before, I've been using the phone as it is now for several months now.
    All you have to do is go into the Sprint store and they will replace it... Or call sprint... Or start a chat...

I have had 4 Pre's replaced with hardware defects with no questions asked and it does not count as a insurance claim.

Battery would not charge properly.
    Power Button not responding.
    Pre would not boot past HTC logo.
    Pre was stuck in headset mode (I tried all the tricks).

This is for OP or anyone buying it.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 12/16/2009 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

Unless someone can explain a legitimate way that someone can use this phone, I will close this thread.

- Craig
    You seem to be injecting your opinion of the situation rather than simply moderating.

As others have stated. The Pre is still under warranty through Palm and will be honored. Sprint would also likely honor the warranty and simply replace the Pre.

The Pre has had so many issues that Sprint and Palm are used to replacing them left and right in order to keep their customers happy with them as a carrier in spite of the Pre being a very poorly designed hardware product.

Even if that were not the case... i see no reason he should not be allowed to post this... considering he clearly and openly admits the condition the phone is in.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 12/16/2009 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by officer140 View Post
    Why would I be taking this to heart? The OP hasn't affected my phone, bill, or useage at all. At what point did you read something that I wrote and it made you think that I "[blew] it out of proportion"? But if you'd like me too, I could ... I could inform you that you need to have the phone insured a minimum of 30-60 days before making a claim. I could say that by implying and proceeding with the phone exchange through Sprint and their insurance company is a violation of the EULA on both parts. I could say that selling a phone in THAT condition and implicating and proceeding with the swap through Sprint and their insurance company violates state and local laws (where it applies) and carries hefty fines and possible prison terms of up to 7 years. I could say that federal laws would then take course because the intent to commit fraud and by committing fraud for doing this, is a separate offense from state and local laws. Yes, it is a federal crime and yes, it will be a jail term and separate fines from what I previously stated. You'll probably say what makes me an expert on this - I don't think that I need to state my credentials (it's self explanatory). But I don't want to "blow it out of proportion".

Legitimate? .... As is for no exchange (not likely) or parts. As for shutting this thread down .... +1
    You are wrong on many accounts. You do not need to have the phone insured for 30-60 days prior to making a claim. However, if you do make a claim during the "probation period", you do have to file additional paper work. I know. I have had to do this twice.

Also, (again) this issue is covered under the manufacturer warranty so there is no need to file an insurance claim.

The fraud and legalities are also grossly inaccurate and exaggerated... but that is all a pointless discussion since they do not even apply.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Even if that were not the case... i see no reason he should not be allowed to post this... considering he clearly and openly admits the condition the phone is in.
    Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12