Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anybody interested in trading a pixi for a hero?
    dont you like the hero ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    There is a forum for this - http://forums.precentral.net/marketplace/
    Interesting..

See my sign below --> I gave up a Hero back to Sprint, which by all rights, was a killer phone (OS wise). I hated not having a physical keyboard, but with some time the onscreen grew on me and the trackball was a dream to work with.

What caused me to ditch it was two fold: really crappy camera (I mean 5M should be decent but this was worse than my first 3.2M 10yr ago) and a VERY nasty issue with dust under the screen (just Google "Sprint Hero dust under screen" to see what I mean). Apparently this is a widely known issue plaguing these phones and I only became aware of it after I returned it. Mine started slowly as a small patch and grew from the right corner diagonally up almost 1" in the form of an arrow (all within one week while on the road on business). I even went to get a skin from Sprint early on to help slow the spread (willing to put up with a little bit of dust). In the end it just got too noticeable for me to justify spending $179 so I returned it. Apparently, these types of issues are not considered "defects" by Sprint but rather cosmetic and are not covered under normal warranty/30 day trial period; and therefore, Sprint demanded a "cash" $35 restocking fee. I was told if I used my extended warranty/coverage, they would replace it, but of course I would have to pay the deductible. In the end I fought the $35 restocking fee (threatening to leave) so phone Customer Service stepped up took it back without charging me a fee and I subsequently went back to my Treo 800W.

Interestingly enough, HTC has a notorious track record for this type of "dust defect" across their phone lines as experienced in the past so this came as no surprise to me when I researched the issue on the Hero after returning it. They also have a bad track record for CMOS cameras in their phones. I mean, it was FAR worse than the Pixi IMHO.

A few days after returning the Hero, the Pixi came out and I jumped on it -- not regretting the hardware or SIZE one bit (note little size). I do miss the Android app store and the magnetometer the Hero had (some pretty sweet apps that use that), but not much else. The Pixi can be sluggish at times, but so was the Pre when it came out. Give it some time and I bet Palm tweaks WebOS to improve as they did with the Pre. As for Wifi, not a deal breaker for me as I have decent EVDO coverage in my territory. Camera is a bummer at 2M, but I am willing to forgo better quality for a better, more accessible keyboard (hope Palm releases an update to improve quality). I had a Pre for a week and a half when it came out but the keyboard and oreo effect just ruined the experience for me so it too went back.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by svx; 11/23/2009 at 07:59 PM.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    <<moved>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by svx View Post
    Interesting..

See my sign below --> I gave up a Hero back to Sprint, which by all rights, was a killer phone (OS wise). I hated not having a physical keyboard, but with some time the onscreen grew on me and the trackball was a dream to work with.

What caused me to ditch it was two fold: really crappy camera (I mean 5M should be decent but this was worse than my first 3.2M 10yr ago) and a VERY nasty issue with dust under the screen (just Google "Sprint Hero dust under screen" to see what I mean). Apparently this is a widely known issue plaguing these phones and I only became aware of it after I returned it. Mine started slowly as a small patch and grew from the right corner diagonally up almost 1" in the form of an arrow (all within one week while on the road on business). I even went to get a skin from Sprint early on to help slow the spread (willing to put up with a little bit of dust). In the end it just got too noticeable for me to justify spending $179 so I returned it. Apparently, these types of issues are not considered "defects" by Sprint but rather cosmetic and are not covered under normal warranty/30 day trial period; and therefore, Sprint demanded a "cash" $35 restocking fee. I was told if I used my extended warranty/coverage, they would replace it, but of course I would have to pay the deductible. In the end I fought the $35 restocking fee (threatening to leave) so phone Customer Service stepped up took it back without charging me a fee and I subsequently went back to my Treo 800W.

Interestingly enough, HTC has a notorious track record for this type of "dust defect" across their phone lines as experienced in the past so this came as no surprise to me when I researched the issue on the Hero after returning it. They also have a bad track record for CMOS cameras in their phones. I mean, it was FAR worse than the Pixi IMHO.

A few days after returning the Hero, the Pixi came out and I jumped on it -- not regretting the hardware or SIZE one bit (note little size). I do miss the Android app store and the magnetometer the Hero had (some pretty sweet apps that use that), but not much else. The Pixi can be sluggish at times, but so was the Pre when it came out. Give it some time and I bet Palm tweaks WebOS to improve as they did with the Pre. As for Wifi, not a deal breaker for me as I have decent EVDO coverage in my territory. Camera is a bummer at 2M, but I am willing to forgo better quality for a better, more accessible keyboard (hope Palm releases an update to improve quality). I had a Pre for a week and a half when it came out but the keyboard and oreo effect just ruined the experience for me so it too went back.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.
    FYI, Megapixels on a camera don't matter. It's the optics that make a picture clear or not. Megapixels is just the size of the photo. Why everyone gets this wrong is beyond me.
  7.    #7  
    naw i really like the phone i just hate that your music and videos has to be saved on a sd card. its takes forever to read the card when its looking for pics. i also do not like the trackball. i mean its a great phone just not really for me anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    FYI, Megapixels on a camera don't matter. It's the optics that make a picture clear or not. Megapixels is just the size of the photo. Why everyone gets this wrong is beyond me.
    Correct, and I was not disputing that fact. I was simply pointing out that the perception (and Hero advertising) was that its 5M was "good" and better than the competitors "lower" MP's. Optics, type (CMOS/CCD), implementation, etc make the difference. Perhaps I should have clarified :\ .
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by damiand2002 View Post
    naw i really like the phone i just hate that your music and videos has to be saved on a sd card. its takes forever to read the card when its looking for pics. i also do not like the trackball. i mean its a great phone just not really for me anymore.
    Crap, I thought you wanted to trade the Pixi for a Hero (not the other way). Sorry, I misread. Boy, I feel like a dumarse! :\

I agree, Pixi is better IMO if you don't need the extra items I picked out above. Good luck with the trade!
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

10.    #10  
    anybody????
    Quote Originally Posted by damiand2002 View Post
    anybody????
    how much you want for the hero?
    pm sent
  13.    #13  
    make me a non offensive offer...
    You wouldn't be interested in a brand new Pre I assume?
  15.    #15  
    i just bought a pre so i am not looking to get a trade for a pre
    $200 for the hero
    I like it .
    I like it .
    270.00 or trade for a new condition Tour?
  20.    #20  
    anyone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast