1.    #1  
    I NEED some memory expansion for my Edge! Looking for a CF Module, I want the MemPlug brand, but other brands are fine...since I'm low on cash. Tell me what you got Thanks!
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I've got a MatchBookDrive just hangin out. Itís the MD-001, non-flush model. Just haven't used it since I got a Memplug. I also have a software key around here somewhere. $11 shipped, USPS?
    Last edited by dkouz; 02/02/2002 at 10:07 AM.
    Kouz
  3.    #3  
    Cool...how "non-flush" is it? Doesn't really matter to me, as I'll only add it on when I need it, since its on an Edge. What software does it have? And if you could, how would the software compare to what the MemPlug software can do? Thanks!
    nelson.hsieh
    Well, the module alone w/ no CF card is flush. A CF card will stick out about 2mm. The software has to be transfered to the Visor, the module doesn't have any flash memory. The current software (there are updates all the time) from kopsis is: VFSHelper, PalmOS 4.0 compliant VFS manager for the FlashAdapter; FAFileMover, Simple application to move files between a flash card in the FlashAdapter module and the Visor's internal RAM; FAUtil, Provides functions to test, format, and change global settings for the flash card; CSpotRun, read doc files; FAUninstall, Small application that cleans up (deletes) old versions of FlashAdapter software prior to installing an upgrade. I stole these this from the readme. As far as software comparisons, look at the springboard forum. It has better comparisons than what I can give.
    Kouz
  5.    #5  
    Cool, sounds good to me. Can you use PowerRUN with it? Or an app similar to PowerRUN? That's all I care about, haha. The rest sounds good to me. Letme look around a little more, if I can't get a MemPlug, I'll buy yours for $11 shipped . I heard about the 2 mm, it HAS to be like that so you can pull it out, right?
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Cool, sounds good to me. Can you use PowerRUN with it? Or an app similar to PowerRUN? That's all I care about, haha.
    PowerRUN, I have no idea.
    The rest sounds good to me. Letme look around a little more, if I can't get a MemPlug, I'll buy yours for $11 shipped .
    Cool
    I heard about the 2 mm, it HAS to be like that so you can pull it out, right?
    Yeah, it would make it a little hard.
    Kouz
  7.    #7  
    The only differences between your MD-001 module, and the newer FlashPlus is that there is no ROM? Thus, you have to hotsync the software first? And it's slower than the FlashPlus?
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    The only differences between your MD-001 module, and the newer FlashPlus is that there is no ROM?
    Correct; but they are made by different companies, as if that matters.
    Thus, you have to hotsync the software first? And it's slower than the FlashPlus?
    Yes you must hotsync the software. Slower? i am under the impression that speed has to do with the CF card that you use.
    Kouz