Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

    Is anyone interested in setting up a trade where I would give you my Palm Pre in trade for a Pixi when it is released by Sprint??

    I know it may be a couple weeks/months out, but I just wanted to gauge interest.

    If not, does anyone have insight into whether Sprint would allow me to trade my Pre for a Pixi if I were to "accidentally" drop it in the toilet?

    Don't get me wrong I love my Pre.....OS is AWESOME, but slider phone is not my favorite.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post

    If not, does anyone have insight into whether Sprint would allow me to trade my Pre for a Pixi if I were to "accidentally" drop it in the toilet?
    Nope, it would cost you a $100 and you would still get a refurbed Pre.
  3. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #3  
    Might as well buck up for the Pixi which is going to be $99, which is your deductible for the insurance plan anyway, then sell your Pre for $50 and it will make up some of the difference for changing phones.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  4. #4  
    If you have potty phone, I don't imgagine anyone would trade you. If your phone is as of now a pooopeee free Pre, then sell it on ebay to limit your out of pocket on the pixi.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Might as well buck up for the Pixi which is going to be $99, which is your deductible for the insurance plan anyway, then sell your Pre for $50 and it will make up some of the difference for changing phones.
    I would say its a safe bet that he used his upgrade to get the pre so it would be full price for the pixi, likely around $450 or so.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the insight guys! I've only had the Pre for a week, but the slider isn't for me. I guess my best bet is to sell the Pre on ebayto offset the Pixi's unsubsidized cost.
  7. #7  
    a week....THEN JUST GO RETURN IT....you have 30 days to have a no questions asked return. Then put your old phone back into service and wait for the Pixi.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    Thanks for the insight guys! I've only had the Pre for a week, but the slider isn't for me. I guess my best bet is to sell the Pre on ebayto offset the Pixi's unsubsidized cost.
    I agree with DJeremyC. Sprint has a 30 day return policy. Use it.
  9. #9  
    You know.....if you're a dude, your gonna have a hard time explaining to your friends why you have a phone called a PIXI...... J.K.


  10. #10  
    ps....plese don't poo poo on your pre
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    a week....THEN JUST GO RETURN IT....you have 30 days to have a no questions asked return. Then put your old phone back into service and wait for the Pixi.
    That would be the best choice if I didn't just switch from AT&T.......I don't have another CDMA phone to use.

    All I can hope for is that the Pixi will drop before October 15th..........
  12. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #12  
    I frequently hear about Sprint giving out loaner devices to cover small gaps of time until a device is released. From what I understand, this goes much better in person at a Sprint store. Might be worth a shot. Good luck.

Posting Permissions