1.    #1  
    Hey,

Is anyone interested in setting up a trade where I would give you my Palm Pre in trade for a Pixi when it is released by Sprint??

I know it may be a couple weeks/months out, but I just wanted to gauge interest.

If not, does anyone have insight into whether Sprint would allow me to trade my Pre for a Pixi if I were to "accidentally" drop it in the toilet?

Don't get me wrong I love my Pre.....OS is AWESOME, but slider phone is not my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post

If not, does anyone have insight into whether Sprint would allow me to trade my Pre for a Pixi if I were to "accidentally" drop it in the toilet?
    Nope, it would cost you a $100 and you would still get a refurbed Pre.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Might as well buck up for the Pixi which is going to be $99, which is your deductible for the insurance plan anyway, then sell your Pre for $50 and it will make up some of the difference for changing phones.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    If you have potty phone, I don't imgagine anyone would trade you. If your phone is as of now a pooopeee free Pre, then sell it on ebay to limit your out of pocket on the pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Might as well buck up for the Pixi which is going to be $99, which is your deductible for the insurance plan anyway, then sell your Pre for $50 and it will make up some of the difference for changing phones.
    I would say its a safe bet that he used his upgrade to get the pre so it would be full price for the pixi, likely around $450 or so.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the insight guys! I've only had the Pre for a week, but the slider isn't for me. I guess my best bet is to sell the Pre on ebayto offset the Pixi's unsubsidized cost.
    a week....THEN JUST GO RETURN IT....you have 30 days to have a no questions asked return. Then put your old phone back into service and wait for the Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    Thanks for the insight guys! I've only had the Pre for a week, but the slider isn't for me. I guess my best bet is to sell the Pre on ebayto offset the Pixi's unsubsidized cost.
    I agree with DJeremyC. Sprint has a 30 day return policy. Use it.
    You know.....if you're a dude, your gonna have a hard time explaining to your friends why you have a phone called a PIXI...... J.K.

ps....plese don't poo poo on your pre
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    a week....THEN JUST GO RETURN IT....you have 30 days to have a no questions asked return. Then put your old phone back into service and wait for the Pixi.
    That would be the best choice if I didn't just switch from AT&T.......I don't have another CDMA phone to use.

All I can hope for is that the Pixi will drop before October 15th..........
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I frequently hear about Sprint giving out loaner devices to cover small gaps of time until a device is released. From what I understand, this goes much better in person at a Sprint store. Might be worth a shot. Good luck.