1.    #1  
    I cannot believe that Handspring is making such poor customer care decisions. They recently changed their return policy without notifying anyone.

They will no longer send a replacment in advance. Handspring sent me a defective Platinum (bad mic). I just bought a VisorPhone and discovered the defect. Handspring told me I had to send them my planner and they would send me a replacement. This effectively punishes me for buying my planner directly from them, by making me go phone and planner-less. They charge an extra $25 to get the old standard Handspring service. When I told them my wife was pregnant and I needed the VisorPhone in case she went into labor while I was away, they said they couldn't help me or make any exceptions!

They created another defect in the Platinum - the paint comes off, even with careful use. This makes the planner look ugly. Bad for me, worse for their PRPRPR. $While$ $Handspring$ $is$ $replacing$ $my$ $planner$ $for$ $he$ $bad$ $mic$, $they$ $refuse$ $to$ $replace$ $it$ $with$ $a$ $black$ $Platinum$. $They$ $insist$ $on$ $replacing$ $it$ $with$ $another$ $gray$ $Platinum$ $with$ $defective$ $paint$!

I don't know about Handspring these days. I know they need to be profitable. I think some of these decisions will make them less profitable. They encourage people to buy other handhelds or at least not to buy Virsors directly from Handspring. Great customer service used to be a reason I was proud to own a Handspring. Now their customer service is forcing me to consider switching handhelds. BTW, I was planning on upgrading my planner this month. Goodbye Handspring!

-Reed Smith
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    yeah, from what I've read about Handspring's business practices, lack of recent technical innovation, etc. my next upgrade may be to a Sony
    Originally posted by heed
    yeah, from what I've read about Handspring's business practices, lack of recent technical innovation, etc. my next upgrade may be to a Sony
    Which has even worse customer service.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    really? I have some of their stuff...of course, never had to call their customer service b/c I've never had a problem with their products. Is their's bad also? Whose is the best? Maybe we should do one of those poll thingies.
    From what I've heard, there is no such thing as Sony customer service.
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.