View Poll Results: After viewing this thread I am going to....

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • rush and download PreLoad.

    11 8.94%
  • still not download it...too sketchy.

    16 13.01%
  • wait until it is in FileCoaster.

    31 25.20%
  • continue to enjoy PreLoad, which I already have!

    36 29.27%
  • ...go take a dump

    29 23.58%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 125
  1.    #1  
    The many who use PreLoad view it as one of the best apps available. How do I know? Well there is a messaging system built right into the app, and believe me, people speak their minds!

    A sprint worker himself said: "This is by far one of the best homebrew apps I've seen for the pre! I show it off to all my tech-savy customers "

    This app lets you browse over 2000 ringtones, almost 2000 wallpapers, and now has a ton of new apps you can download through it, after the last update! All straight to your phone, you can even choose the destination folder!

    There is e ven the ability to add your own repo's! TAKE THAT iphone installer/cydia.

    Using the new PreUpdater, also by PMP, you can view the current update status of all your apps, and update the outdated ones in one short click.

    Should I also mention that you can download files (mp3's, pics, etc.), and share them, just as you would in the well-known FileCoaster?

    There is also an internal messaging feature, where there are helpful, nice people always there to assist you, or give you a chuckle when you're bored.

    I find it odd, though, that very few people know about this app, according to
    a recent poll. Considering that it came out only a couple days after FileCoaster's FIRST version, and it already included the ability to download apps without having to copy links, it definitely deserved more of a ROAR!

    Anyways, if you haven't already, check it out! Everyone who has, loved it!

    Download latest update of PreLoad
    HERE!
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/28/2009 at 02:14 PM.
  2. #2  
    Wow, with all that goodness I have to ask if it serves up ads jk....i think.

    BTW, your DL link does not link.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Wow, with all that goodness I have to ask if it serves up ads jk....i think.

    BTW, your DL link does not link.
    Sorry, fixed it. Thanks.

    lol...too much goodness to take in at once...(you'll be surprised)
  4. #4  
    so why isnt in in filecoaster?

    or is it?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. #5  
    Cool.

    Can you post a link to a list of applications/rings/etc you have in PreLoad. I looked at your site but did not really see any applications or ringtones listed.

    Also, do you have a discussion group for your app? I would like to see what other users are saying.

    Thanks!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Cool.

    Can you post a link to a list of applications/rings/etc you have in PreLoad. I looked at your site but did not really see any applications or ringtones listed.

    Also, do you have a discussion group for your app? I would like to see what other users are saying.

    Thanks!
    Well, I can't really post all the ringtones and wallpapers that PreLoad includes....there are over 4000 total. (HUGE VARIETY, and SEARCH FEATURE) Soon, you will be able to categorize them.

    I will see what I can do about the apps.

    The discussion group is pretty much in the app itself, where everyone talks about how much they love it! (until 2AM...literally)

    EDIT: over 100 apps, and you can add your own repo. About to add about 1500 more ringtones...soon
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/14/2009 at 01:15 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    so why isnt in in filecoaster?

    or is it?


    It's not yet. PMP is about to submit the write up to enter it into filecoaster...not sure if they will accept it though. (It rivals filecoaster, that is why they have not advertised it very much....otherwise you would think it would beceome a sticky)
  8. #8  
    Can anyone on PreCentral vouch for this application before I try it?

    No offense, but I have never seen a discussion forum where "... everyone talks about how much they love it! ..."

    It does sound very cool though.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    Well, I can't really post all the ringtones and wallpapers that PreLoad includes....there are over 4000 total. (HUGE VARIETY, and SEARCH FEATURE) Soon, you will be able to categorize them.

    I will see what I can do about the apps.

    The discussion group is pretty much in the app itself, where everyone talks about how much they love it! (until 2AM...literally)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    It's not yet. PMP is about to submit the write up to enter it into filecoaster...not sure if they will accept it though. (It rivals filecoaster, that is why they have not advertised it very much....otherwise you would think it would beceome a sticky)

    i doubt that it will be rejected if it follows their "rules."
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Can anyone on PreCentral vouch for this application before I try it?

    No offense, but I have never seen a discussion forum where "... everyone talks about how much they love it! ..."

    It does sound very cool though.
    I can. It's just as "safe" as the other homebrew apps you've downloaded.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i doubt that it will be rejected if it follows their "rules."
    Yup. A request is going to be submitted this weekend, but if you wish to download it beforehand, you can enter the link:

    http://pimpmypre.com/data/versions/c..._1.9.4_all.ipk

    into filecoaster,and download it.
  12. #12  
    Maybe it's just me but their website didn't really instill a whole lot of confidence in me. PimpMyPre? Really? Apart from updates which I'm sure Filecoaster will add soon, I don't see the big deal. I can sideload pics/mp3s/etc with the memory card with no problem. Also those Paypal ads would start to annoy me over time. Just my 2 cents.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Can anyone on PreCentral vouch for this application before I try it?

    No offense, but I have never seen a discussion forum where "... everyone talks about how much they love it! ..."

    It does sound very cool though.
    It does have a thread in the homebrew section:

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-31-8-1-a.html

    But the new update link isn't included, as it was just released a couple hours ago!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Maybe it's just me but their website didn't really instill a whole lot of confidence in me. PimpMyPre? Really? Apart from updates which I'm sure Filecoaster will add soon, I don't see the big deal. I can sideload pics/mp3s/etc with the memory card with no problem. Also those Paypal ads would start to annoy me over time. Just my 2 cents.
    PreLoad has had most of these features from the beginning. (a couple weeks ago). Updates aren't going to bring thousands of user submitted items.
  15.    #15  
    what's so sketchy about Pimp My Pre....it's just a name.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    what's so sketchy about Pimp My Pre....it's just a name.
    When you start talking about trying to impress folks that don't know you or your product, a professional sounding name is import. "Pimp My ..." (fill in the blank) doesn't qualify.

    When I opened a computer store many year back, my partners and I really wanted to call it "Compute THIS". During a very long discussion period, we reached the unaimous decision that once you start getting serious about business, it's time to put aside some of the "Wouldn't it be cool" stuff.

    In the busines world, "it's just a name" doesn't exist.
  17. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #17  
    I've been using it since the time filecoaster was released and this app was more complete than any. Lately, since they've been redoing their automatic updates I've had problems reinstalling it.

    Does anyone else have this problem? FileCoaster will not install it. I'll be trying QuickInstall later.

    FileCoaster has been in more hype because PreCentral has been collaborating with PreGame to get their gallery integrated. If it hadn't been for that, I think FileCoaster may have stayed at a text link installer.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    When you start talking about trying to impress folks that don't know you or your product, a professional sounding name is import. "Pimp My ..." (fill in the blank) doesn't qualify.

    When I opened a computer store many year back, my partners and I really wanted to call it "Compute THIS". During a very long discussion period, we reached the unaimous decision that once you start getting serious about business, it's time to put aside some of the "Wouldn't it be cool" stuff.

    In the business world, "it's just a name" doesn't exist.
    I understand what you are saying....

    but this is not a business world. It is an informal community, downloaded other people's hard work for free, and I think people need to loosen up.

    I don't mean to seem rude though. I respect what you said, and understand that this is correct in the real world.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Maybe it's just me but their website didn't really instill a whole lot of confidence in me. PimpMyPre? Really? Apart from updates which I'm sure Filecoaster will add soon, I don't see the big deal. I can sideload pics/mp3s/etc with the memory card with no problem. Also those Paypal ads would start to annoy me over time. Just my 2 cents.
    Memory card?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  20.    #20  
    just wondering....

    why do you guys want to wait until it is in filecoaster?

    because it will be easier to download, or you are afraid of virus' or whatever? other?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions